Apr 01,2011
Apr 01,2011
As a Landlord my experience of Haslams has been without doubt the worst letting agent I have ever come across.

Their major failing is that their property maintenance department is managed in Cyprus - so when you have an issue it is impossible to get anybody to attend your property to see for themselves the issues.

Their reviews on the condition of the property are less than encouraging due to the lack of information obtained and provided. When you have issues they have a great habit of passing you around the business with nobody wishing to take responsibility for any issues.

Contractually they are extremely weak - my experience is that you need to fight every step of the way as they do not support the landlord or indeed the tenant. Our tenants actually came to us direct due to the difficulties they had trying to get Haslams to respond.

All in all a terrible experience and a very time consuming one - not something that you expect when you pay them a management fee. Be warned whether you are a landlord or a tenant - the experience is not a good one.
By: T
May 12, 2011
Your comment is noted, however it should be made clear to all that during the whole long and drawn out process of Haslams trying to look after the property your continued refusal to actually meet with me was beyond belief. I requested numerous meeting with you to resolve the situations created by Haslams and every time this was refused by yourself. It is no good writing all the "sales speak" now and offering to meet now that it is all over - yet again proof that Haslams shy away fro the issues that they create. Any potential Landlors or tenants beware!!
By: Haslams
Apr 16, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've mentioned above. As one of Reading's most established letting agents, we strive to offer the best service to all of our landlords and tenants. We have one of the largest portfolios of managed properties in Reading and regularly receive excellent comments about the service we offer. The significant majority of our property management function operates from our Reading Friar Street office and, although part of the department is, as you say, located in Cyprus, the main purpose of this is to ensure that all logged maintenance jobs are managed and progressed in an efficient and systematic manner. The system allows for detailed communication between all parties from start to finish, providing a faster resolution for tenants and landlords and ultimately a much higher level of service. The fact you have not experienced the same levels of service is extremely disappointing, and as Haslams' Head of Lettings I would be happy to discuss your experience in person should you wish to do so.
Chris Cullity

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Haslams Estate Agents Ltd Reading! To leave a new review of Haslams Estate Agents Ltd Reading, please click the link below !
Write a review for Haslams Estate Agents Ltd Reading

Haslams Estate Agents Ltd

155 Friar Street Reading

0118 9601000(S) or 0118 601055(L)