Marquis Estates
50% recommended
0% lettings valuation accuracy
99% lettings fee satisfaction

Property Features

...left to get your reviews in for the
2022 allAgents Estate & Letting Agents Awards

“An awful experience from this estate agent .I am the ......”

By: 'Marco'
Apr 29,2014
An awful experience from this estate agent .
I put an offer in on the house for £120,000 ,I gave the lady at the agent my telephone number and noted that on rightmove the house was then sold subject to contract a couple of days later .then I then waited for four weeks hearing nothing till I phoned and was told jonathan at the agents was out and would call me back , another week passes and I call again only to be told the same , the following week I phone to complain about the poor communication . Yet again still no call from jonathan at the agents . The week after Mary from the agents called to asked wether it was a mortgage or cash purchase , I stated it was a mortgage , and in her opinion it would take weeks to get a survey done , she then said jonathan would put a letter in the post .
The letter arrived Monday asking for my solicitors details and if I had a mortgage offer of £120,000 . I replied yes I have a mortgage offer and that I can complete quickly .
A valuation survey was completed a couple of days later.
At the end of that week Mary left a message on my answerphone saying they have accepted a much earlier cash offer but thank you for my offer .
I could have completed in a matter of weeks , the cash offer took six months to complete . It should be noted that my offer of £120,000 was rejected for an offer of £103,000 yes that's £17,000 less , surely the agent is supposed to act in the sellers best interest. Especially as the seller gave me first refusal to buy the property .
I complained by email stating the facts and asking why they took so long to return my calls and asking for a more Prompt response from them this time .
They wrote back saying they never received my complaint !
After communication from the landlord it turns out that the agent said to him that they repeatedly tried to contact me by phone and email , which is odd as I didn't give them my email address at the start , they are also the letting agent of this house as well so they know how to contact myself .
It should be noted that the new purchaser of the house is also using the services of marquis estates as letting agent also . Was there a conflict of interest between retaining business as letting agent and selling to myself thereby losing the business ? Who knows , It should also be mentioned they also tried to convert the assured tenancy into an assured short hold tenancy which is not valid in law unless requested by the tenants , which in this case it was not .
All in all , as a letting agent and as an estate agent I have found marquis estates a complete failure .
The information submitted is what happened without any embellishment .

Opening Hours
Address

Marquis Estates
St Andrews Cottage Head Street
Halstead
Essex
CO9 2AU

Performance statistics
Services Valuation Accuracy Fees Satisfaction Min Price of property reviewed Max Price of property reviewed
Lettings 0% 99% £450 £450
  • Mortgage Advice
Members of
Latest Properties

No Properties

“Me & my boyfriend rented our first property with these agents & ......”

Jul 21,2014
By: 'Emily'
Jul 21,2014
Me & my boyfriend rented our first property with these agents & never had a problem. When we needed repairs done they replied promptly. They were very polite & as I am now experiencing with other agents not as hard work. Would recommend over most estate agents....
I think all tenancy fees are a rip off but they were reasonable.

“An awful experience from this estate agent .I am the ......”

By: 'Marco'
Apr 29,2014
An awful experience from this estate agent . I am the tenant in a house that was put up for sale by the landlord and the landlord said perhaps I could get a mortgage and buy it off him . I put an offer in on the ...
No fees information available
Kindly note that legally, letting agents need to publish information about their tenancy fees, government-approved redress schemes and client money protection schemes on their website and on third party websites (on which agents are listed). For properties to lease/rent in England, agents need to keep this information up to date and precise on allAgents or specify within the property description.

Complaints Procedure