Mar 04,2011
Mar 04,2011
Due to my landlord defaulting on her mortgage I have had an eviction notice giving me until the 14th March to vacate. I have an appointment with Swindon County Court on the 9th March where I hope that the judge will grant me an extra month in the property. However, I was advised by the CAB and the mortgage lenders solicitors that I needn't have gone to court as the mortgage company would nearly always grant a 2 month "grace" period in order for me to find alternative accommodation. I then received a phone call from the mortgage lenders solicitor informing me that they will not grant me an extension due to the fact that the let was unauthorised by the lender. I blame Belvoir totally for this. Why was this not checked at the time of letting!? Furthermore, I viewed a property with Belvoir last Saturday and as the office was closed on the Sunday I emailed the office informing them of my intention to proceed. I learned today that I have lost this property to another party. The office manager did not return my calls. Belvoir have taken away the only true alternative that I had. When I meet with the judge on Wednesday next week I will enquire as to what recourse I have against Belvoir for their negligence in their thoroughness of their landlord search and I promise that I will do everything that I can to make sure that I am compensated for by Belvoir for making me potentially homeless and for completely turning my life upside down.
By: paul
Mar 07, 2011
Hi redned. It does seems that way! What annoys me, is that they do a fairly extensive tenant search but obviously not a landlord one. I viewed a let through another agent and was told that the one "golden rule" in all lettings is that the letting agent must have a "letter of authority" from the landlords mortgage lender. In this case, I have lost any chance of an extension to the eviction date because of this. I will speak to the judge on Wednesday to see where I stand. I still have not found anywhere else to live and only have a week left. Thanks for your reply.
By: RedNed
Mar 05, 2011
Presumably Belvoir are acting as the Landlord's Agent? As your landlord is being reposessed for non payment of his mortgage, is it not possible that he's mislead Belvoir in the same way he's mislead everything else? I had a similar experience with a landlord who got reposessed - it was a real hassle, but I fail to see what my agent (not Belvoir on this occasion) could have done.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Belvoir Office 162! To leave a new review of Belvoir Office 162, please click the link below !
Write a review for Belvoir Office 162