Mar 28,2014
By: 'Landlord Rochester'
Mar 28,2014
I would strongly advise Landlords stay well clear of this business. I have had this company \'manage\' my property for the past 18 months and as soon as I am able will be taking it back. My main issue is that consistently every month I am having to chase them for MY rent to be deposited into my bank account - even though the tenant is paying the rent on time. The contract I signed states I should be paid within 10 working days. This seldom happens and is usually up to double that. Even speaking to the elusive Richard Sweet himself did no good. In fact talking to him about this concern made it obvious to me that this is HIS policy.
Since my unfortunate mistake of using Sweet I have come across tradespeople who refuse to work for the company due to late payment issues.
It is annoying and frustrating when Landlords are paying for this lax \'service\' and when mortgages and other costs are reliant on the rent from the letting agent being paid on time.
Be warned!