Feb 20,2011
Feb 20,2011
We originally rented our flat through the Ludlow Thompson, Dock Street office but have only been dealing with their property management department which seem to be based in Worcester. We have had absolutely terrible service from them during the 6 years we have been tenants in one of their properties.

There are so many different things to complain about- way too many to write here, so I'll just point out a few.

My efforts to contact Ludlow Thompson during my tenancy (by phone and email) were regularly ignored and if I was lucky enough to get a reply, it would take weeks. During our tenancy we had 8 different property managers (none of which seem to communicate with each other) which made contacting them a nightmare- We'd call up to follow-up on why our email hasn't been answered and find out that we have a new property manager who knew nothing about what we were calling/emailing about so we needed to start back at square one with them. Phone calls were never returned as promised and emails seemed to get "lost in the system" (not very helpful when your front door lock has broken!)

After about 3 years we worked out that it was much simpler to go directly to the landlord with any queries about work that needed to be done or any problems as Ludlow Thompson would take weeks to respond (if they responded at all!) and our landlord would normally sort it out in a day or two for us. I am very surprised that he has stayed with Ludlow Thompson for so long- as I know he is fed up with their terrible service too.

On a few occasions we received a request for payment for the tenancy agreement renewal fee for over double the amount stated in our tenancy agreement- I would have liked to have given them the benefit of the doubt in this being a mistake but after it happening a few times I wondered if it was a way of them trying to get extra money out of us. When calling them to explain what was stated in the agreement they immediately said I could pay the lower amount- almost as if they were expecting me to question the fee request they had sent me. I guess at the end of the day it would be an easy way to get a little bit of extra money from tenants because how many people actually read the whole agreement in detail after every renewal? They seem to find a way to charge us a lot of fees/money for doing nothing.

I could imagine that people who have a tenancy with Ludlow Thompson and never need to contact them if anything goes wrong- keep everything straight forward and simple and never ask anything of them could have an ok time. However as I have experienced, as soon as you need them to be your "property manager" things start to go wrong.

Changing one tenant in my flat (my brother moving out and my friend moving in) has been the biggest nightmare of all time. Things like requesting the tenancy agreement to be amended 3 times because of numerous careless date errors, general lack of response from our latest "property manager" and the request that on my departure of the flat it was my responsibility to chase my new flatmate for the deposit or my deposit would not be refunded to me -clearly this is not my job (and one of the reasons we have an estate agent in the first place?). The last 6 months of our tenancy pretty much sums up my whole experience with Ludlow Thompson- they seem to be lazy, careless and will try to take any short cuts possible to minimise any effort on their part. The last "property manager" I had comes across rude and patronising in her emails and to be honest I am very happy I have moved out of my flat now and never have to deal with her or Ludlow Thompson ever again.
By: ludlowthompson customer services
Mar 05, 2011
Dear Chloe

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We wish to account to you on the points you raised and apologise for the time it has taken to investigate the matter thoroughly.

First of all, we regret that you have been left feeling disappointed and frustrated in your dealings with ludlowthompson.

We apologise for the lack of communication between you and your Property Manager. THis is certainly not usual practise for any Property Managers to ignore calls from our tenants.

We do intend that all Tenants can reach their Property Manager or Rent Collection Administrator during the day, and if a message is left responded to as soon as possible. We also have 'call groups' in place so should you not be able to reach your Property Manager another member of the team can help.

In respect of the renewal fee administration charge there was a confusion because of new systems put in place at the time. When ludlowthompson increased the fee for renewal in line with market conditions, your contract was caught up in the hand over period where the system stated the new fee but the contract stated the old fee. Of course, in this instance we would honour those tenants with a previous lower renewal fee. We are pleased therefore that you only paid what you had agreed rather than the new fee. I can assure you this was not an attempt at collecting more monies, but rather a discrepancy between your contract and the newly updated systems.

With the replacement tenancy agreement, it is usual practise for the outgoing and incoming tenants to deal with the deposit between themselves. We are sorry that this has caused problems during what should have been a straight forward replacement on your contract. We have looked in to this and note that mistakes were made, but that the corrected agreement was sent to you immediately.

We wish to reassure you that we do take our client relations seriously and value all feedback we receive. You can read weekly client comments at our website and as you can see we actively engage on this forum. In managing over 16,000 client relationships, at any one time, things can and do sometimes go wrong. However, we believe that one unhappy customer is one too many. As such, we constantly work on our service with innovation and new systems that help make life easier for our clients.

customer services

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Apex House! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Apex House, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Apex House