Feb 20,2011
Feb 20,2011
Avoid avoid avoid. I viewed a property with this company - by one of the managers. He told me that the garage to this property didn't leak and was in fantastic condition. As I want viewing this property in the summer I trusted his word- completely. I stored my belongings in bags and cupboards in the garage. When I went into the garage 5 months after moving into the property to which it belonged, to retrieve some items, all my items were wet, awful smelling and covering in orange, white and black mould. I queried this with one of the estate agents and they said one of the managers would call me back. No call back. I called again. No call back. I called again. No call back. Then by chance the manager picked up the phone when I called the millionth time and he was stuttering and was clearing under pressure knowing he'd wrongfully told me about the garage. He notified the landlord who came around to have a look. The landlord was very nice and genuine and said that he actually told the estate agent about the damp and leak problems! The landlord gave me his mobile number and was liaised but he couldn't fix the garage till after winter - I'd have to wait months to have it fixed and consequently all my items in storage would continue to deteriorate and get more damaged. I raised the issue of the landlord telling the estate agent of the garage wet issues as per what the landlord told me directly and they just ignored my calls and would answer me saying that they weren't obliged to comment on the matter - guilty AS. I moved out of the property and because there were a few pin holes in the wall and that the garden was a little untidy (it was winter and snowed at the time therefore the chances of me penetrating the soil was unlikely as it was solid frozen) they tried to take
By: ?????
Feb 10, 2015
I think Northwood possibly have it all wrong, they are not only protecting (and gaining financially) from the landlords property, they have a duty of responsibility to the tenant - they have taken a rent and therefore need to provide a service for that payment. A tenant has a right to live safely and comfortably in a property, not to be undermined "pander to tenants who want everything done for them" and to be able to deal with a letting agent, without the hassle of rudeness. I have emailed a copy of this to Northwood head office for their info. First impressions count when it comes to renting a property .......
By: adrian
Sep 02, 2014
It is unfortunate when tenants leave feed back anonymously particularly when we had no male managers working for us before 2013. We do not have any idea who this tenant was and i can only deduce he has left this review on the wrong site. In defence of the agent responsible tenants do have an unrealistic view of what an agent can and can not do and that landlords frequently tell tenants one thing and agents another. We are all working to protect the landlords investment, not to pander to tenants who want everything done for them.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Northwood Newcastle! To leave a new review of Northwood Newcastle, please click the link below !
Write a review for Northwood Newcastle