Feb 17,2011
Feb 17,2011
While viewing property to rent I found the staff very helpful, though not particularly knowledgeable.

Once I had decided on the property I liked it was a different story. I certainly did not feel like a "customer"- one agent was not prepared to set the move-in date of a property to the 1st April, even though it was only becoming available mid-to-late March. Luckily when I came back the second time I dealt with the apprentice, who seems to be the only member of the outfit interested in providing customer service.

What bothered me most was that they slipped in a
Mar 03, 2011
You have raised a very serious point Simon34 regarding the need for thorough regulation of this industry as well as the need for agents to take responsibility for their actions and deliver on their promises/sales pitch. Sadly my (and my tenant's) experience of this agent was that they do not. There shouldn't really be any need to involve the property ombudsman or ARLA if agents deal with problems professionally when they arise - and believe me this is not a route I would have chosen if I felt my concerns were taken seriously. When they do "investigate" they can only look at written information provided and cannot question people so their involvement has a limited effect when agents tell you something and won't confirm it in writing then do something else. Also the "compensation" offered only reflects actual financial losses and doesn't take into account stress and inconvenience. ARLA's sanctions to members appear to be based solely on the ombudsmans report and I think in this case Mr Goverd's assertion that ARLA has never taken any action against them despite the evidence to the contrary speaks for itself don't you?
By: simon34
Feb 24, 2011
Surely "mkr" it is better that if something does go wrong that this agent is a member of the professional bodies that can resolve any issues, sadly far too many other agents are not so you have no redress. No-one is perfect all the time but at least this agent is willing to act if a customer is unhappy and that has to go in their favour.
Quote from National Federation of Property Professionals
"As the Property Ombudsman considered four issues merited an award of financila compensation, taking into account the code of practice, it is considered appropriate to issue the following sanction against Mr Goverd, Director CJ Hole
In accordanc ewith the ARLA Bylaws, in particular Bye Law 4 and Appendix E, to issue a caution under E2.1"
Nov 2010
By: Paul Goverd - Cj Hole Southville
Feb 18, 2011
In response to 'mkr'. As members of The Property Ombudsman, we do have an internal complaints procedure of which has been mentioned above. However, we have never had action taken against us from ARLA (Association of Residential Letting Agents) of which we are members.
By: Paul Goverd - Cj Hole Southville
Feb 18, 2011
I am sorry to hear that you have not been happy with the service provided to you. As the Managing Director at Cj Hole Southville, I would like to invite you in to discuss your complaint or you can call me in the office on 0117 9634373. We also have an internal complaints procedure which I can also go through with you. Paul Goverd.
Feb 18, 2011
Make a formal complaint and then report them to ARLA. They need to know as they have already taken action against the manager of this company.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of CJ Hole Southville Branch! To leave a new review of CJ Hole Southville Branch, please click the link below !
Write a review for CJ Hole Southville Branch