Feb 16,2011
Feb 16,2011
When I think of estate agents, images of Prada-clad, Porsche-driving bad boys with slicked back hair spring to mind, like they've just stepped out a bad 80s B-movie.

So it's fair to say I had pretty low expectations when approaching the task of finding a flat for myself and three friends at the start of this year. Several fruitless weeks later, after myriad calls from agents offering places way over budget and 3-bed garden shed conversions, I was contacted by the genial Thomas Higgs at Atkinson McLeod, South Quay.

Within hours, Tom arranged a viewing for us later that day. If judgement of a good lettings negotiator were based on style and panache alone, Tom would come up trumps. Luckily for us as well as him, Tom is also amiable, friendly and persuasive yet not pushy. Even thought the flat was sought after, we had plenty of time to think and go over issues so we felt happy making the decision to go ahead with renting.

Thanks go to Tom for bearing with our various issues with background checks and seeking favour on our behalf with the landlord (although being the amazing tenants we are, it's hardly an insurmountable challenge!) and communicating via phone and email to update us on the process.

Overall we were impressed with the service at Atkinson Mcleod. The aggressive sales pitch and dirty dealings that have characterised the estate agent clich£ were nowhere to be seen, and I may be persuaded to keep them on speed dial yet, should I need such services in future.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Atkinson McLeod Canary Wharf! To leave a new review of Atkinson McLeod Canary Wharf, please click the link below !
Write a review for Atkinson McLeod Canary Wharf