Feb 03,2011
Feb 03,2011
As a managing agent Terence Charles (TC) are completely ineffective. They seem to work in their own interests and not those of the landlord, ie the person paying their monthly management fees. They are shoddy with their rental payment accounting and in fact most times are very, VERY late when passing the rent on to the landlord. My own experience is that out of 18 rental payments, they've been late 15 times, and I class late as over 7 days from the date they received the rent from the tenant. They held on to one rental payment for so long it was actually 67 days before they passed it through to me. I was busy and didn't keep on top of them that time, although I did warn them before about their shoddy accounting and they said it wouldn't happen again. It seems to have go worse! They seem to want to hold on to money which doesn't actually belong to them. This is a worrying trend and is a cause for concern for other landlords.

They also ignore direct orders and requests of the landlord. Example, I instructed them NOT to renew the AST and let it run periodic. They created a NEW AST, fixed for 12 months! I had to pay for a new deposit protection and I got them to rip up the old AST and replace it with a new AST for 12 months with a 6 month break clause. Apparently because they'd created a new tenancy I had to grant it by law, but I could change the terms to make it easier to give notice to the tenant after 6 months if I wanted.

They never carry out regular inspections, as per the management agreement, thus they are already in breach of contract. The tenants have been in situ nearly 18 months and never have they provided me with a site visit inspection report or photographs.

The tenant caused some damage to the property and left rubbish and debris in the outside space at the rear of the property, yet despite many contacts by phone or email, the agent has never made efforts to organise the tenant to carry out the repair at their own cost (since they damaged the property) nor tidy up the rubbish (which is causing a rat problem).

Stay away from Terence Charles Lettings.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Terence Charles Office 1! To leave a new review of Terence Charles Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Terence Charles Office 1