Feb 24,2014
By: 'Enough Is Enough'
Feb 24,2014
Thanks to PLA and their staff I have had nothing but stress and headaches pretty much since moving in. Upon moving in I noticed damp building up in a room in the property. I reported this immediately along with problems with the boiler which kept losing pressure resulting in no hot water or heating until it was re-pressurised (this I was having to do on a pretty much daily basis) the only other way to prevent the pressure loss was to leave the heating on constant and this only held off the problem short term.
It took PLA over 3 months just to get someone to look at the boiler and then a further 3, if not more, months to get it fixed blaming various outside issues such as the landlord not agreeing to fund the needed repair, parts being hard to get hold of and various other time wasting excuses. The part in question was the expansion tank and the boiler in question is a Valiant which is an extremely common boiler and parts are very easy to source. The excuses did not wash.
The damp problem has simply been ignored and has got progressively worse throughout the time I have lived here. New patches have appeared in various locations and reports are not taken seriously and no apparent effort is made to resolve problems. The latest patch I discovered is in my bedroom right by my head. This patch I hadn\'t noticed as it was behind a curtain edge and hidden from view. The patch had gone mouldy with spores clearly visible growing out of the damp. On closer inspection I have noticed that the data extends all the way along the groove in the skirting board and there is mould along here. I reported this nearly a month ago and was told someone would "come and take a look" ASAP but no one has been in contact and no one has been round. I have wondered why I have been waking up with puffy streaming eyes, sore throat and chest and am apparently going from one cold to another all the time and finding this explains a lot now.
I am stuck between a rock and a hard place as being on benefits I cannot save enough to fund a deposit and first month rent on somewhere else but at the same time I do not wish to stay in the current property as for nearly 2 years PLA have fobbed me off with excuse after excuse and in the meantime my health is seriously being effected both through constant stress and direct health issues brought on by the mould spores circulating throughout the entire property.
My opinion NEVER TAKE A TENANCY WITH PLA RENTALS, YOU WILL SERIOUSLY REGRET IT
Arranging for and seeing through remedial work. Spoken to me politely and promptly, not like my issues are of no concern or like I am the one in the wrong. Sack the \'Director\' Adam who was rude, obstructive and a blatent liar. Re-train the remaining staff in how to actually deal with customers instead of belittling them and being rude.
Attached Files