Jan 28,2011
Jan 28,2011
Whilst attempting to buy property through them, they did everything to actively *discourage* me from buying it. Simple questions took more than 24 hrs to get a response and two reasonable offers took 24 hrs and 7 days respectively to get a response! Even then I had to constantly chase them to get an update. Eventually I was informed that there was another interested party and the vendor would accept the best offer. When I asked what the vendor's deadline for offers was, the agent seemed confused by my question and said he'd get back to me, which, naturally, he never did. In hindsight, I now realise I was being 'played', although I'm not sure to what end, as in the end I got fed up and walked away so the vendor lost a potential purchaser. At best this was simple incompetence; at worst, sharp practise.
By: Area Manager SW
Feb 14, 2011
At Andrews, we attach a high level of importance to customer feedback. Therefore, I was very disappointed to read the comments above and have now completed an internal review of events. In this instance, I found that we did let this customer down with the poor level of communication they received from us and completely understand how they would have felt as they did. Unfortunately, in this case the vendors situation is not straight forward and it wasn't a matter of people being played off against one another it was simply that we failed to keep the customer informed. The Branch Manager has since made contact with the customer, acknowledged that our communication should have been better, and offered to personally help with their property search. Happily, the buyers have now found an alternative purchase, which they are pursuing. The buyer thanked us for making contact.

We have also been able to identify why the communication broke down and have implemented change to resolve this issue in the future. Therefore, I would like to thank this customer for providing the feedback they have and wish them every success with their move.

Andrews