Jan 19,2011
Jan 19,2011
The service was absolutely appalling. My contract became periodic at the end of the initial fixed term. I was happy to stay but the landlord became a bit dodgy towards the end of the tenancy. He asked me to pay him the rent in cash, which I was supposed to give to BM. He said he didn't want to use the agency anymore. Then all of a sudden he wanted to increase the rent. I told the agent from BM about my situation. He asked me not to pay the landlord the rent and I should give BM the money directly no matter what. There was a lot of confusions and hassles. I was frustrated so I decided to move out. BM said I had to give one month notice even my contract has become periodic. I had to pay the 'one month notice rent' even though I don't live in the property. I refused to pay because I moved out already. The agent tried to threaten me by saying that they will take legal action and when it comes to court, it will favour the landlord but not me blah blah blah. They are only nice to you at the beginning when you pay them the money. They do not help you at all when you have problem with your flat.
By: Honest Estate Agent
May 10, 2011
Andie your problem was with your landlord, who asked you to pay him directly and not the agency probably so that he would avoid paying their renewal fee. The agency did nothing wrong here and the Housing Act does require a tenant to give a landlord one month's notice when a tenancy is in a periodic state - the agency cannot be blamed for this. For that reason, it is best that you stay off these websites as your ill-informed opinion and allegations are unfair to the agent. But then again, informed people who read this will probably know that.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Barnard Marcus Office 38! To leave a new review of Barnard Marcus Office 38, please click the link below !
Write a review for Barnard Marcus Office 38