Jan 10,2011
Jan 10,2011
I regret ever trying to rent through Ludlow Thompson!

We were dealt with by *****, who seemed nice at first. I had viewed a property one evening and really liked it, so arranged for my partner to view it at 8am the next day. Later on that day we paid 500 POUNDS just to put in an offer (he asked me to pay this fee by sending my card number, expiry date, card dates and security number as well as bank details!!), and along with the offer both mine and my partner's guarantors were put through extensive online forms (as were ourselves and employers) including having to fax many pages to their offices. We were promised an answer the next day and guess what? ***** didn't even bother phoning us and got someone else we had never dealt with to phone us the next day instead.

We were then told that the landlord had "changed his mind and wants to sell." When asked why the agent had not bothered ringing and has now asked someone else to ring, I was told "Well I guess because of the situation he didn't want to have to tell you."

How unprofessional. The last insult is, 2 days later they have put a brand new listing of the property up on gumtree! My partner and I are both professionals and had all the money ready. Why were we not given a counter offer if the price wasn't right? Or told that there was another problem?

I will never deal with this agency again.

Admin note: agent's name was removed
By: ludlowthompson customer services
Feb 01, 2011
Dear Angie

Head office customer services would like to discuss your complaint with you. Please could you get in touch

To address the issues you raise. New ads are automatically placed and can sometimes appear again via automatic placement because they appear for up to 7 days as new ads.

We are sorry to read the other issues you describe and would like to see how we would like to learn more. Clearly, it is not in our interests to leave you without a full explanation/response to your complaint. And we apologise for any inconvenience suffered thus far. We look forward to hearing from you.
By: angie
Jan 11, 2011
And please Ludlow Thompson, do not tell me the listing was an old one that had not yet been removed. It was a brand new listing.

Also, I wonder why a legitimate agency couldn't take my fees by bank transfer and had to all my personal details via email?

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Finsbury Park! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Finsbury Park, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Finsbury Park