Crestons seems to be run for the convenience of the staff, not the customers. Here is why:
1) Appointments - make an appointment in the office and they aren't there. Make an appointment outside the office and they're either 45 minutes late or don't bother turning up. When you call to see what has happened, stories from staff do not correlate.
2) They ought to write down and sign everything they say - and even that doesn't work. Casual promises are made and on the day the fee doubles. They sign something and then deny it holds them to any agreement.
3) Getting in touch is nigh impossible. Getting a reply is very rare. Despite callback promises, none come. E-mail is better because you can print it off, and make sure to request delivery receipts through outlook. It was only this that forced a short reply to my queries.
4) They are efficient at one task - charging you the maximum possible fee and collecting it. I advise that you thoroughly read the contract, as mysterious and arbitrary surcharges tend to appear.
5) An utter lack of service. Be prepared to wait a minimum of one month for anything to get sorted out, and keep lots of holiday time off work to spend in their office being smiled at.
Overall, Crestons has proven to be the most expensive agent, with the lowest quality of service. I would highly advise that you do not go within 20 metres of them. London Residential is a much better group of people.