Dec 12,2010
Dec 12,2010
Claire Lloyd Properties in Aylesbury is one very small step shy of useless. When my husband and I were moving from Derbyshire to Buckinghamshire we had a fairly short window of time to find a house to rent. We called and booked an appointment to view a house with Clair Lloyd Properties. After driving more than two hours, I called to get directions as we were struggling to find the house at which we were meeting with the directions previously supplied. They told me the appointment had been cancelled. They claimed not only to have called me that morning, but to have spoken to me. After some convincing they finally admitted that they must have made a mistake and not called. Thankfully, they had another suitable property which I could view.

We fell in love with the property. It ticked all the boxes. It was in a good location, perfectly within our budget, and allowed dogs (a must for us). We went to the office to fill out the necessary paperwork right away.

The week before we were supposed to move I called to see if they needed any additional information so they could finish the referencing which had not yet been completed. They told me not to worry and that everything would go through in time for us to move in on the planned date. The last two working days before the intended move Clair Lloyd Properties would not answer or return my calls; they never informed me the move in day would need to be changed. At 4:30pm on the last working day before we were supposed to move, the referencing company called to ask us to fax a copy of my husband's contract (which we had on the day of the viewing and asked if they needed a copy- they said no). They eventually completed the referencing the morning we were scheduled to move. Clair Lloyd Properties told us it was not their fault because they contract out referencing to a third party. After about 5 hours of being put off, we were finally told we couldn't move in for 2 more days because the landlord had the keys and the inventory needed to be done (which they also contract out to a third party) and there was '
By: Claire Lloyd
Mar 10, 2011
CLP are licensed members of The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA). Claire Lloyd would be willing to discuss this matter with the Tenant, however the complaint is anonymous & has not been reported to either CLP compliance, ARLA or The Property Ombudsman.
By: Lady annoyed
Dec 27, 2010
I have also had a very long long long rude annoying problem with claire lloyd properties i went to the paper and lawyers to get out of a contract and found it very very hard to get my deposit back after I spent a whole week cleaning the property painting walls using a proffesional for carpets and even had the 3rd party company that do the checking for claire lloyd quote "there is no reason why you should not get your deposit I will state the property was in a good condition. Anyway the list is too long to mention.

PS I believe most of the articles on here saying they are good are just from there own members of staff trying to do some patch up PR.

Somebody should report them to ARLA. The association of Residential letting agents or the Ombudsman.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Claire Lloyd Properties Aylsebury! To leave a new review of Claire Lloyd Properties Aylsebury, please click the link below !
Write a review for Claire Lloyd Properties Aylsebury