Nov 25,2013
By: 'Abi'
Nov 25,2013
Laura in the Southbourne office left me a message 3 weeks after she was supposed to carry out a standard property inspection on my flat, to say that she hadn\'t been able to do it (I\'d made sure I was out so assumed it had been done). Instead of explaining, she launched in with \'have you changed the locks?\' (No I hadn\'t) and said she couldn\'t get in with her key. I said I had no problem whatsoever with mine. So I agreed without question that she could come the following morning, and I\'d make sure I was in in case she still couldn\'t get in. She didn\'t appear. I called the office, annoyed that i\'d waited in for her. She insisted that she was knocking loudly on the door at the agreed time.
So we agreed that i\'d drop my key into the office so she could get it copied as she clearly had the wrong one. I did that. When I went to pick it up, she just looked at me and said I\'d given her the wrong key, as my front door key was a Yale. No, I said, that is my front door key- it is not a Yale. I asked if she wanted to go now to the flat with me, and she said dismissively \'no that would be a waste of my time\'. She insisted that my front door key is a Yale. Nasty attitude- no apology, no question that she must be mistaken despite my insistence that I knew that was the right key as I live there and use it every day. \'Obviously\' she said, sarcastically. But still insisted that she was right as she had a photocopy of the keys right there and it was a Yale. I checked several times that she\'d gone to the right flat- she insisted that she had, and seemed put out that i\'d asked. Eventually the penny dropped, and she realised after all this that she\'d gone to the wrong property all along. However- despite all of this, and her unpleasant and accusing attitude, she had no apology whatsoever- just looked at me stony faced and said \'I guess there\'s no problem then. We do have a key after all\'.
I was left astounded and rather upset by my treatment. I went back in to confront her, saying that she\'d made me feel it was my fault and hadn\'t even apologised. She was uppity and unpleasant, saying she hadn\'t known what to say to me as I\'d had a bad attitude by tapping my key on my hand. She sarcastically said \'im very very very very sorry\'. Horrendous customer service- this woman cannot admit when she is wrong and doesn\'t have the decency or general courtesy to apologise. Made me feel like a second class citizen. Nasty woman,!!!
Have a better approach to customer service- this has been the worst incident I\'ve experienced with them, although there have been four or five times when I\'ve contacted them about something legitimate which needs doing from a safety or maintenance perspective, and they have hurried me off the phone, making me feel like a pest, \'and have not followed my requests ip without a lot of further contact on my part.
Attached Files