Nov 21,2013
By: 'Colin Jacobson'
Nov 21,2013
Ashtons were very pleasant to deal with. Initially, Andrew inspected the flat and was a little over-optimistic, I thought, in his expectation of the rent it could achieve. This led to some delay in finding tenants as some people liked the flat but found it too expensive. I suggested a more realistic rent and then prospective tenants became more interested. By this time, I was dealing with Simon who is very straight forward and efficient. I had made it very clear to Andrew that I didn\'t want undergraduate students, however, the first people wanting to take the flat were students, After that, Simon quickly got the message and soon found me a professional couple who have proved ideal. Moral of the story: stick to your guns over the type of tenant you expect and follow your instinct on a realistic rent level.
By: Simon
Nov 21, 2013
Dear Colin, many thanks for your review. I would like add; as an estate agent we would always want to achieve the maximum rent for you as you are the client, unfortunately the market dictated what the property was worth. I would also like to add that I am obliged to submit every offer we receive to our clients even if you didn’t want to accept an undergraduate student.
I do hope you received a good service from us and I’m happy to hear the tenants have been stress free. Talk next year. All the best Simon

Ashtons Estate Agents (NW1)

140 Gloucester Avenue Primrose Hill, London