Nov 15,2010
Nov 15,2010
We went away for a year and we got Streets Ahead to rent out our place with the full management deal. The tenants moved out a week before we got back and when we went around there the place was a tip all dirty and smelly and stuff broken. Streets Ahead were supposed to check it for being kept in good order all they did was take their slice of the rent. I asked one of the Streets Ahead blokes why they hadn't done it and he said he thought they had a rent collection only deal despite the fact that we were clearly paying for a management deal and all he had to do was look at the contracts we signed with them.

Then we asked for some of the deposit to be withheld to pay for two days of cleaning and mending and it just went on and on. We'd ring him and he'd say "Oh yeah, I'm just tranferring it now you'll have it by the end of the day". So after 2 months I talked to the Tenancy Deposit Scheme directly and they said they had only that day been sent the deposit Streets Ahead had been holding and we had to fill out all these forms and they were surprised he hadn't told us. So we had to fill out all these forms and supply them and the photos we took of the mess and the photos Streets Ahead did before we rented it out, and we got the money back in a couple of weeks. I challenged him about why he never told the Tenancy Deposit Scheme about it and gave them the money way late and he said he had and they said he hadn't. I asked him why he keep on saying he was just about to give us the money and he said that was what he was told by his superiors and I asked to talk to them but of course they were '
By: bob hay
Nov 23, 2010
Dear Paxo , i am extremely disappointed to read the review of your recent let through Streets Ahead & the unsatisfactory service that you encountered. I would be very pleased to investigate the matter in detail & I would be delighted to have the opportunity to discuss your complaint further , please feel free to contact me, regards Bob Hay ,Managing Director ..

Write a review for Streets Ahead Crystal Palace Branch