Nov 18,2013
By: 'Batdog'
Nov 18,2013
Myself and my partner had an unpleasant time whilst renting through Woodley Romans. If you care about receiving your deposit back at the end I would recommend going elsewhere as we had to fight tooth and nail to get any of it back. We had the property professionally cleaned by a professional cleaner at the end of the tenancy and even gave an invoice (as they requested) for their records. They however insisted that the carpets had not been professionally cleaned as they hadn\'t had the right "defumigator" put on the carpets... even though there wasn\'t a single mark on them, the cleaner had used all sorts of decent products on the carpets and Romans charged us for the carpets to be cleaned AGAIN. Thorough waste of our money. They then mentioned that they should be charging us for chimney sweeping but as stated in the contract we hadn\'t been in the property a year so we weren\'t liable for this and even if we had been there a year they would have had to show us an invoice of the previous tenant paying for the cleaning of it. They tried to make out they were doing us a favour by removing the cost of this as "good will" when we weren\'t even due to do that anyway! We had previously had issues with a leak in the bedroom and we had lived with mouldy conditions for 2 months (I suffer from Asthma so wasn\'t exactly amused by this). The landlady was awful and wanted to wait until her insurance money came through before getting it fixed (to hell with her reliable tenants that could have suffered health issues from all the mould). 2 months later it was sorted... We had handed in our notice by this point as we had had enough of living in scummy conditions and we were paying £750pcm for a cramped little flat. Needless to say we found somewhere better value for money with more space. Funny how as soon as potential tenants were shown around they got their backsides in gear and sorted the mould issue. Lynn Masterman to her credit was great in helping us negotiate the deductions on our final inspection report of damages and kindly deducted the admin fee for us as we were so annoyed that we had left the place in better condition than when we received it and were being clearly ripped off. Sharon was also very on the ball with anything we needed. The Lettings Manager however lied to the landlady claiming that we were vacating the property due to my partner having a new job in a different area. However this was not the case and she never even bothered to ask us why we were handing our notice in. If you get a good staff member like Lynn then you are all good but if you get everyone here , there and everywhere dealing with the issues it\'s a nightmare.
By: STubb
Feb 17, 2014
I am sorry to hear you are disappointed with Romans and I would like to understand what has happened. We have formal complaint channels to resolve problems, so I would appreciate it if you would contact me directly to discuss your experience. My details are Sharon Tubb, Head of Property Management and I can be contacted on 01189 443 745.

Romans