Nov 11,2010
Nov 11,2010
Gladly i found this review site. My experience with Ludlow Thompson has being terrible and disappointing at all levels.

I'm a 25 year old Portuguese guy that arrived in London for 2 months now, for work. I've been living with my girlfriend (same date of arrival and same reason as me) in East London, a bit far from our work place.

Soon we decided to search a propriety nearest. And we found an advertising of an incredible 3 bedroom flat in SW8, recently refurbished and offered fully furnished. We buddy up with another portuguese friend, recently arrived in London and looking for a new room as well and added another Portuguese couple who's coming to London in beggining of December, for work as well, in order to fill the 3 rooms. We contacted the ad number and we reached Ludlow & Thompson agents.

Soon we settled a viewing and one day after we (me and my girlfriend) visited the house, getting amazed with the interior look of it. Everything brand new, half-furnished (with a promise the agent responsible for the viewing, on offering the house fully furnished at the date of move in - he even said the landlord was so nice he would probably provide a TV in the living room) and we got aware that the flat would only be available for a 24 month contract.

We went back home, send some pictures of the flat to our interested buddies, we all thought well about the deal and one day after we decided to make an offer.

So, I and one of the interested buddies, went towards Ludlow & Thompson branch in Kennington/Oval and we meet the agent in order to make our offer. As we meet, he started to say the flat had a lot of interested people, with several viewings set for the day after. He made it clear the only possibility we had to get our offer accepted was making a 24 month contract offer. He also said we had to make a deposit payment of 500
By: ludlowthompson
Nov 15, 2010
Hello Luis

We are sorry to read that you were disappointed with the service from ludlowthompson. It's regretable that your experience has given you such cause for concern. Rest assured that we listen very carefully to feedback from customers. We would like to address the matter with you.
Kindly email us at
Please include the ref allagents 11th Nov 2010 Luis

We do have a number of procedures to ensure that tenants are aware of the ins and outs of letting a property. Therefore we need to examine this situation in further detail to identify any problems. London's letting market is very fast right now because supply of property cannot keep up with demand from tenants. So to secure a place tenants have to act quickly. It can feel like a pressure tactic but please be assured this is not the intention. We look forward to hearing from you.
Yours sincerely,

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Oval, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Oval

(Oval Office/Branch)12 Clapham Road Lambeth, London