Nov 07,2013
By: 'Naomi'
Nov 07,2013
I had let my property through Marsh and Parsons for several years.

Last year the front door of the flat was left open but I thought it was the fault of the builders who were refurbishing the flat under the management of the agents. but when I asked the builders they said they didn\'t do it and that the agents were last to view the property. SO i asked them to remember to close and lock the front door ( which isn\'t an onerous task).

Then it happened again and I had to have stern words with them.

This year when letting the flat out to prospective viewers they left the front door open again and the tenant was none too please obviously! I had to remind them to be careful with the door to which they replied "the door sticks." Funny because noone else has had a problem but them.

So after repeated warnings - I found the front door when I did an unexpected check completely open with the light on. I have had to fire them. I should have realized that I should have fired them the first time around. I mean - do estate agents have to be reminded to close and shut the front door?

Completely surprising and I didn\'t think a competitive agents in a competitive area would commit such faux pas. Unbelievable. Plus one one person apolgized - the rest had an attitude problem. Even if they offered a discount I think it would be a false economy.

Marsh & Parsons