Nov 14,2013
By: 'J.T.Glass'
Nov 14,2013
I have been a long standing customer of Greenstone Estates and I am generally satisfied with their performance compared with other well-known London agents with whom I have had dealings in the past and with whom I have been very unhappy.

However, I must say that over the years I have also experienced some difficulties with Greenstone\'s management of my flat ( ie. badly monitored inventory work by an outside contractor, poor assessment of tenant\'s background, difficulties with lease preparations, accounting inaccuracies etc.and I have at times seriously considered moving to another company.

When Semra M-Ali joined the Greenstone\'s team, she was immediately faced with dealing with some of the outstanding difficulties that she had inherited from her predecessor. By adopting a positive approach, she managed to resolve most of them to my satisfaction.

Overall, I find that Semra is responsive to my requests and my tenancy problems and she promptly deals with them. My main complaint in the past has been about her style of management as she sometimes lacks that personal touch that a foreign landlord needs being so far away. (Examples of such are: relying on the tenant\'s confirmation of the quality of a subcontractors repair work done in the flat instead of checking herself; not personally checking out the tenant\'s complaints in the flat; not comparing market prices for new equipment ( which a flat owner would do if he had to buy a new fridge or cooker etc.) but instead adamantly relying on the company\'s nominated contractors, who tend to charge very high prices.). Semra has, however, been responsive to my complaints in this regard and I am now hopeful that she will continue to modify her style of management.

I expect to continue as a customer Greenstone\'s for the foreseeable future.

Lastly , I would add that it has been comforting in the past to know that Mr Lewis Green, a director of the company, has always been responsive if I ever have a need to speak to a senior in the company about a problem.

Greenstone Estates