Nov 09,2010
Nov 09,2010
I am a first time Landlady of the property that John is referring to below and I can hand on heart say that I thought that Tullys dealt with the situation in a totally professional manner from start to finish.

Tullys had to deal with a man who was unreasonable, confrontational, tried to be physically intimidating and broke most AST rules (keeping cats, damaging property (the door was damaged by the client as he admitted to myself not from a freak gust of wind), changing locks, running a carpet cleaning business from the flat, owe a month and half's worth of rent etc etc).

Tullys keep their integrity when dealing with an awkward tenant and if Tullys weren't there I don't know how I could have dealt with the situation.

To clarify, neither Tullys nor I called him a liar - I wanted my flat back in one piece not trashed (which John actually left in a very good state, shame he did a bunk without paying the last months rent and half of the previous months rent) so I wasn't going to antagonise him because who knew what he would do next!
By: Kirsty
May 18, 2011

The property was left in good repair in October when you left – not excellent! I had to clean the carpets (ironically), repaint 2 feature walls and a whole bedroom which you painted without permission, de-flea and sort out half a dozen holes in the lounge walls from fixtures that you had attached with massive screws – what were those by the way, they were heavy duty?!?!

In relation to my front door as soon as I personally went back into the flat to see if all was good, I could SEE and tell that the lock had been changed on my front door. Obviously no one tried to enter the property.

If you rent a property you have to pay the rent – if you were having problems paying then you write to the agent to clarify why the rent isn’t being paid. You did not do this. You had already charged me for the door by deducting it from the previous months rent so therefore you had no reason to not pay the next months rent.

The eviction notice sent to you made no difference on your decision to pay the rent because the rent was already over due before the eviction notice was issued – this was why the notice was served. You weren’t evicted, it hadn’t got to that point, just the initial letter – thankfully though it didn’t get to that point.

When you had issues with the property and Tully’s staff you should have written to the agent with times, dates and names of people you had spoken to. I saw one letter, your only letter, dated 19th August and 2 working days later come to the property with the agent. Not that I knew at the time of your meeting but your first post on here was the 16th August – do you think I was likely to be sympathetic to your ‘cause’ when you express yourself online, and incredibly, in person how you did.

The contract you both signed and agreed was for no pets and for no business's to be run from the premise – mail only address or not. If you wanted to ask for permission then you ask in writing.

You said at our August meeting that you were going to leave because you wanted to keep the cats – your decision – and then you don’t pay the rent, an eviction notice was my only option. I totally understand that it must have been stressful for Paula and I really do hope that everything has turned out well for you both. But you did leave me with little choice.

But it is irrelevant now, I genuinely hope you are happy with your new place now and I am very happy with my new tenants through Tully’s. I shouldn’t really reply and rise to the bait but you don’t half twist the truth and make out that you’re a victim when you generate most of the problems yourself. To me this doesn’t seem very fair on a public forum.

Please can we let this be the end of it and let’s just agree to differ.
By: john thorne
Apr 19, 2011
First of it was myself AND my heavily pregnant fiancée living at your property. You clearly have no idea how Tully deal with tenants, if you did you would not be sticking up for the way they treated us. I’m sorry if you found me unreasonable, confrontational or physically intimidating, we got sick and tired of the problems Tully did not address. YOU evicted us if you remember! We received your eviction notice and left a week early (2 weeks before our baby was due thanks) and we wasn’t going to wait and see how much Tully would take from our deposit for made up issues, so we left. When we did leave YOU had our deposit plus £100 (total£650) so you got more than your fair amount which should have been nothing as we left your flat in excellent condition plus, it had a lovely new bathroom door that CLOSED!
I was made redundant while living at your flat 83 beresford rd, northend and couldn’t find work, i started a business to earn money and pay rent, carpet cleaning isn’t exactly a business for customers to come in and out, it was a mail address.
PS Kirsty, how would you know if we changed the locks??? Does that mean somebody tried to enter the property we were renting without permission??? That doesn't look good for the wonderful Tully.
To sum up, Tully are the worsted estate agent to deal with and treat tenants (once checked in) like s**t

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Tully & Co Office 1! To leave a new review of Tully & Co Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Tully & Co Office 1