Nov 07,2013
By: 'Chris Hughes'
Nov 07,2013
Like most people who use CMRent, they were fine when moving in, but when anything needed doing within the property they were pretty useless. The staff are completely incompetent. The problem we\'re having at the moment (STILL) is that we\'re not getting our deposit back. I have explained to them NUMEROUS times what needs to be done, but they refuse, claiming to get my desposit back I need to get it from the 2 current tenants living in the flat there now (I have moved out now thankfully). They didn\'t even know how to reclaim the deposit back. They claimed I could "Log into the website and change the owner of the deposit" but when I spoke to the people who hold the deposit, this feature has never been available and I had to work out for myself how to reclaim the deposit. Now, all they need to do is send an email to the company holding the deposit to confirm that we can have it back but they refuse. Even though, before I moved out, an email was sent to a member of staff at CMRent who actually confirmed that I will receive my deposit 5 working days after I moved out. It has now been well over 5 days and they still haven\'t even bothered to contact me about this. When I tried contacting their Finance department yesterday to tell them they have made no action regarding the deposit, they said they had no action to take that its my job to get this back. When I said otherwise, she said I was incorrect (Coming from the same person who didn\'t even know how to reclaim my deposit back). So I tried calling back again today after getting confirmation from the deposit agency that all they need to do is send them an email to say "Yes, he may have his deposit back", and what happens? When trying to "Put me through" I was hung up on twice. Clearly intentional as the person has no idea what their job is. I seriously do not recommend this place to anybody. I\'m never a stressy person, but this takes the biscuit.

P.S Also, the woman supposedly dealing with my deposit enquiry decided to go on holiday without telling her employees of any of the details regarding my deposit. So until she gets back, nothing can be done! Fantastic.
By: Chris
Dec 09, 2013
Jesus christ Michael. Reading all these reviews and all your comments back, you never seem to take ANY blame for your own company, rather trying to blame the actual tenants. Its not our job to know all the legal ins and outs of tenancy. Thats YOUR job, and to help it be a smooth transition. How about you just hold your hands up and say "Yes we screwed up, I apologise" rather than pathetically trying to blame me for supposedly changing my tenancy. Which I didn't. We agreed for a year initially, then we got asked if we wanted to extend. Which we agreed (With no problems) to extend for a 6 month period, NOT a 12 month period which you're trying to make out. So what are you blabbering on about? I'm really disappointed at how childish you are acting, and I'm actually very happy using my new estate agent (Who I shall not name, knowing you, you'd find them and give them fake feedback) who are professional and not given us any hassle at all. They're actually a really good company. How you've got so far with your managerial qualities is beyond me.
By: Michael Saville
Dec 09, 2013
Hi Chris, I'm sorry that you felt the need to write your complaint on this website. We do not get notified of any complaints on here, it's just by luck that i saw yours. I'm disappointed you felt the need to write this as we tried to help you in moving out of this shared property early and in truth we should have insisted that you stick to your signed contractual tenancy between April 13 to April 14.

The problem has occurred as it's not an easy process to retrieve half a deposit, half-way through your tenancy, as the other Tenant was to remain in the property. I can see that you vacated on 25/10/13 and the DPS paid your half of the deposit back to you around the 15/11/13. It was a confusing and rare situation to deal with and in future, perhaps we should just stick to the rules and insist you remain in the tenancy as per your signed contract instead of trying to help??

cmRENT