Nov 05,2013
By: 'mindy b'
Nov 05,2013
Made a simple telephone enquiry about a property to let. What a distressing and disgraceful experience.

The lady we spoke to was apparently the lettings manager. She was unbelievably rude, judgmental and verbally aggressive and we were abruptly spoken to as if we were criminals and liars.

At the mention of our intention of paying 6 months rent in advance, together with a guarantor (who happens to be a respected, highly successful and professional businessman), was spat back at us with venom and contempt "The landlord won\'t want the money" and "We have to protect our landlords" were the responses. The implications of that final statement are downright insulting - it is an ignorant and totally unjustified insult to my family.

The main reason I feel compelled to write this review, is because my poor father, who is 80 years old, was so shocked and distressed at the manner in which he was spoken to by this highly unprofessional, so called manager - a tin-pot dictator who acted as instant judge and executioner, talked over us as we spoke, and obviously enjoyed being in a small position of power.

I wonder if the Landlords are aware of how many good and genuine tenant applications are instantly refused by such individuals -who are unfortunately rife in this industry- each enjoying the position and opportunity it affords, of enabling them to dispense their own personal justice and discrimination.
There was no reason why she could not have spoken to us with respect, rather than as criminals and liars, which was strongly implied throughout the conversation. I am furious at my elderly father being spoken to in this manner. He was so distressed and very upset by it. He was made to feel as if he was a worthless criminal, rather than a genuine customer making a simple and civil enquiry. It was totally uncalled for and unjustified. We were potential clients, not criminals. When will letting agents learn that potential Tenants = potential clients. We have to pay huge sums of money and are all too often treated like dirt. Any other business would treat us like royalty for paying such huge amounts on a sale.
Attached Files