Nov 05,2013
By: 'Hayley'
Nov 05,2013
While the letting agent was very friendly and very efficient what I thought I was getting and what I ended up with were two different things.

Specifically:
- it was stressed that \'what you see is what you get except for that Red chair and the TV\'. What I saw was a fully furnished kitchen ready to use, a TV cabinet in the lounge, multiple seats, drawers in addition to build in cupboards in the bedroom. When I moved in the only kitchen furnishings was some crockery and one glass oven dish. No cutlery, no pots, no cups or glasses, the TV cabinet was gone and same with the drawers.

- I was told the property would definitely be professionally cleaned before I moved in. I moved in thinking it looked a bit shabby (there was no handover, I was given the keys at the office) and was later told \'it was in good enough condition so it was decided it wouldn\'t be professionally cleaned\'. Scrubbing the bathroom when I moved in wasn\'t part of my expectation!

- It was agreed that the grouting on the bathroom would be replaced before I moved in. I have had the property for a month and am still chasing this to be done.

- It was confirmed by the agent that I could have 2 sets of keys yet on collection I was told that no I couldn\'t because standard policy was that only one set per lease holder could be issued but I could easily get some more cut. While this is a good suggestion, one key is a security key and I am still trying to get authorisation to get an additional set of keys cut. I specifically wanted 2 sets because I am currently splitting my time between Edinburgh and London and need the ability to have other people let movers, cleaners and deliveries in.

Attention to detail on what is being sold and ensuring answer to questions are correct before stating them would be appreciated.

Atkinson McLeod