Oct 31,2013
By: 'Disgusted'
Oct 31,2013
Oh jeez, where do I begin? From start to finish it was diabolical. Several stiff complaints went nowhere. We tried to sell three properties through them and eventually pulled the plug on two of them, such was the incredibly shocking experience. We only left the one property with them as it was going through missives etc. and even then they cocked it up spectacularly.

We quickly sold our other properties through another agent and with no fuss whatsoever but McEwan Fraser took an overly heavy-handed approach with us over the fact we went elsewhere (as was our right). We ended up paying them thousands to get them off our back as they were threatening to place a legal block on the sale of our other properties and we had to employ yet ANOTHER solr. to sort that part out. so, in the end, we had three extra sets of legal fees to pay. This is their classic move, apparently. There is no doubt in my mind that they are the most unethical practitioners of law that I\'ve ever come across. It may shock you to know that out of the lot of them, there is only two qualified lawyers - and it shows.

Oh, and don\'t ever expect McEwan Fraser to return your phone calls or emails. I spend most of my time babysitting the whole thing, taking lots of time off work and having to make a lot of noise just to try and get someone to call me back.

All in all, it made for a hideous set of events and we\'ve lodged a formal complaint to the Legal Complaints Commission. I hear on from a reliable source that we\'re at the end of a very long queue. Other legal firms hate dealing with them, and for good reason. Award winning? Yes, for incompetence.

McEwan Fraser Legal