Oct 25,2013
By: 'Stay Away from Porter Glenny'
Oct 25,2013
I\'ve arranged a viewing with this agent 3 weeks ago (10/10/2013). Apparently their guy came 15 min late. He showed the property and I liked it and put down the deposit for credit reference check. By that time I was advised credit reference takes 2/3 days and as soon as they get good reference from Credit Ref Agency they will prepare contact in a day or two.

Within a week they got reference from Credit Ref Agency (HomeLet). I was told reference is all good and now bear a day or two for contract once they have done equity report. After two days when I contacted them Geoff said he is contacting Landlord and have left voice messages as soon as he comes back he\'ll contact me. I\'ve waited a day or two than contacted 3/4 times a day. Finally I got hold on Geoff. He told me landlord has changed his mind. He is expecting his father from Leeds to stay in property. Geoff asked a favour to bear until Friday (25/10/2013) morning and wait for his call. If landlord would not show up he will refund the deposit. On Friday I have waited his CALL until 11.30am but have not heard anything than I contact Porter Glenny, I was told Geoff is gone on holidays. I was shocked on the degree of their professionalism and customer services. Bear in mind, I\'ve already told Geoff I\'ve 4 weeks old baby and that notice has given to my landlord for 31st Oct. Any ways someone calls Ian picked up the phone. I told him story and left my contact details on the promise that he will contact me shortly. I\'ve waited until 2pm, have not heard anything than I contacted by myself. I was told Ian is gone for the day and call was transferred to Alex. Again same story from them. It seems they have already given the property to someone or may be landlord is moved to someone else. I\'ve also offered Geoff we can talk about rent if landlord wants a increase. Finally I\'ve requested my refund from them. But got really terrible experience with them. I advise not to use this (PORTER GLENNY) Estate Agent. Its a waste of time and disappointment.

Porter Glenny