Oct 22,2013
By: 'Tom Roberts'
Oct 22,2013
There have been numerous problems over the past 2.5 years that left me dissatisfied: i) the person responsible for our property and to whom we had developed a relationship departs and no one at Choices informs us, ii) probably 10 times that we were promised to receive a phone call back but didn\'t, iii) an apparent lack of control over sub-contractor who was hired to clean the flat after a tenant left - my sister-in-law who is very fussy about cleanliness said the carpets did not need shampooing - but Choices went ahead and did it anyway for 350GBP, iv) weak apparent follow-up, with Choices staff giving me the impression on repeated occasion that they\'d tried at one point in time to contact the tenant but did not try at different time, and when I asked some time later they said that the person tried but could not contact the tenant, v) on 16 Sept/13 Choices informed me that the oven was not working so I phoned them and gave the name of the phone number of the insurance agent - as of 22 Oct/13 after requesting Choices in 4 separate emails they have still not informed me if the oven was fixed, only reports that they have been unable to contact the tenant ! , vi) Choices knew 2 months in advance of our tenant moving out but left the check-out inspection until the day before the new tenant was supposed to move in - with consequence that a lot of cleaning had to be done at last minute which we ended up paying for, vii) we assisted Choices in getting the gas safety inspection hatch done correctly because we were afraid they would authorize something that degraded the value of the property - as a result, on 22 Oct/13 we received a letter from Choices using as justification for them being late in having the annual gas safety inspection being done, they said that because we undertook the safety inspection ourselves last year - which is not true and they need only to look at the invoice to see that it was paid by Choices and not ourselves, vii) I saw that all the reviews of Choices were positive and then unexpected saw in an email from Choices which read at the bottom: "We are currently asking all our satisfied customers to write a review on the link below and mention a staff member you are happy with, please help us to reach the number 1 Agent!" I\'ve had some good experiences with the staff I\'ve identified above. The above citation from Chloe Blythe may be the reason for all the positive reviews.
There have been numerous problems over the past 2.5 years that left me dissatisfied: i) the person responsible for our property and to whom we had developed a relationship departs and no one at Choices informs us, ii) probably 10 times that we were promised to receive a phone call back but didn\'t, iii) an apparent lack of control over sub-contractor who was hired to clean the flat after a tenant left - my sister-in-law who is very fussy about cleanliness said the carpets did not need shampooing - but Choices went ahead and did it anyway for 350GBP, iv) weak apparent follow-up, with Choices staff giving me the impression on repeated occasion that they\'d tried at one point in time to contact the tenant but did not try at different time, and when I asked some time later they said that the person tried but could not contact the tenant, v) on 16 Sept/13 Choices informed me that the oven was not working so I phoned them and gave the name of the phone number of the insurance agent - as of 22 Oct/13 after requesting Choices in 4 separate emails they have still not informed me if the oven was fixed, only reports that they have been unable to contact the tenant ! , vi) Choices knew 2 months in advance of our tenant moving out but left the check-out inspection until the day before the new tenant was supposed to move in - with consequence that a lot of cleaning had to be done at last minute which we ended up paying for, vii) we assisted Choices in getting the gas safety inspection hatch done correctly because we were afraid they would authorize something that degraded the value of the property - as a result, on 22 Oct/13 we received a letter from Choices using as justification for them being late in having the annual gas safety inspection being done, they said that because we undertook the safety inspection ourselves last year - which is not true and they need only to look at the invoice to see that it was paid by Choices and not ourselves, vii) I saw that all the reviews of Choices were positive and then unexpected saw in an email from Choices which read at the bottom: \"We are currently asking all our satisfied customers to write a review on the link below and mention a staff member you are happy with, please help us to reach the number 1 Agent!\" I\'ve had some good experiences with the staff I\'ve identified above. The above citation from Chloe Blythe may be the reason for all the positive reviews.
Attached Files