Oct 01,2013
By: 'Ex Tenant'
Oct 01,2013

We rented a property via Brightwell for circa £2500 a month and Brightwell Residential failed to inform us of numerous issues with the house prior to agreement. Issues that were not, nor could be, apparent during viewings. An example of this is the electricity being on a pre pay meter and ultimately unchangeable as all the flats in the rest of the building were tied into the same electricity main (which is of course illegal). We were told that this was \'negligence\' on our part.

They are now continuing with their unbelievably poor service and down right illegal behavior by not repaying our £2600 deposit with no explanation, contact or recognition that we are trying to discuss this with them.

Brightwell Residential have been nothing but unprofessional, uncontactable and rude during our dealings with them. Quite frankly I am amazed at the positive reviews on this website and can only imagine that they are fakes generated by the company themselves. We rented a property via Brightwell for circa ‚£2500 a month and Brightwell Residential failed to inform us of numerous issues with the house prior to agreement. Issues that were not, nor could be, apparent during viewings. An example of this is the electricity being on a pre pay meter and ultimately unchangeable as all the flats in the rest of the building were tied into the same electricity main (which is of course illegal). We were told that this was \'negligence\' on our part. They were uncountable to resolve this issue or any other, including leaks in the roof and broken cooker/fridge/shower. They completely ignore calls or emails and offer no information whatsoever. They are now continuing with their unbelievably poor service and down right illegal behavior by not repaying our ‚£2600 deposit with no explanation, contact or recognition that we are trying to discuss this with them. I am completely disgusted with how Brightwell Residential conducts business and we will be pursuing all avenues in which to recoup what is rightfully ours (legally) with the ultimate intention of ensuring Brightwell Residential cannot CON any other people in the future. I cannot emphasis enough how this organisation and the people that own it (our contact is Lora Cam) are crooks. I would avoid this business at all costs, unless ofcourse you are investigating them for their behavior in which case, contact me.
Attached Files