Oct 23,2013
By: 'Sutton77'
Oct 23,2013
I have had few reasons to contact PWR during my tenancy but on the occasions I have their response and attitude have been less than satisfactory. On initial viewing of the property I commented that the house needed a clean along with a few issues regarding general maintenance (dirty carpets, food in freezer, shower riser needed replacing etc). The agent confirmed at the viewing that the house was indeed not in a satisfactory condition and that any issues would be remedied before we moved in. On moving in a couple of weeks later the house was just as I\'d viewed it. On complaining to PWR they said they/the Landlord were not prepared to carry out the aforementioned repairs/cleaning. Lesson number 1 - ensure you get any issues in writing from the agent before signing the contract.

A few months into the tenancy the toilet seat broke. I contacted PWR who forwarded the issue on to their contractor. A couple of days later a contractor came out but said he didn\'t have the correct seat but said he\'d be back in contact. A month passed but I heard nothing. I contacted PWR again and they said they\'d chase up the contractor. A further 3 emails were sent until finally PWR got back to me to say they couldn\'t repair the seat without the Landlords permission as it was too expensive. The seat was never repaired.

Eight months into the tenancy we were served a section 21 notice stating the Landlord required her property back within 2 months. Having signed a 12 month contract and being only 8 months in we thought this couldn\'t be correct. On looking more closely at the contract we discovered a clause had been entered allowing the Landlord to regain possession within the tenancy period if 2 months notice was given. Lesson number 2 - ensure you thoroughly read the contract (my fault).

Once we\'d found a new property to rent our new Letting Agency required a reference from PWR prior to accepting our application. They said they\'d contact PWR for the reference but in their experience a Letting Agency would not charge a reference fee to a tenant who has had to move under our circumstances (due to extra inconvenience/costs involved). However, our new agency phoned me after contacting PWR to say PWR would be charging us £30 before they\'d give us a reference.

In summary I am totally unsatisfied with the lack of customer service and attitude of PWR. You pay an exhorbitant amount for their \'\'services\'\' but get very little in the way of customer service in return.
I may have continued with PWR if: They reigned in their excessive fees. Provided good customer service i.e. returned phone calls/emails, arranged necessary property maintenance without constant badgering. Didn\'t treat their customers with sneering contempt
Attached Files