Oct 22,2013
By: 'jn2013'
Oct 22,2013
AVOID AT ALL COSTS or you will pay all the costs!

The practices of Residential and Corporate Lets, who are based in Guildford are at best immoral and worst illegal. I would avoid wasting a large amount of money on lining the pockets of one Mr Arnold Pollitt.

Sadly we recently left Guildford after 3 generally happy years there. However, Mr Pollitt was a constant stressor for myself. We always paid our rent on time and the house was in at least as good a condition as we left it, if not slightly better.

However, Mr Pollitt failed to maintain the house at an even basic standard, whilst we lived there. We went several weeks without hot water and plumbing and electrical problems were not dealt with.

We paid high administration fees to Mr Pollitt and we were always cordial and polite. However, he was rude to both myself and my fiance on numerous occasion. He generally approached conversations with us in an aggressive and bullying way.

Throughout our tenancy Mr Pollitt's employees frequently and needlessly inspected the property. I have been at the property when he has turned up unannounced when workmen have been at the property.

He has also given the keys to workmen without our consent. My fiance was quite concerned when she came home and realised someone had been in the house.

When we left the property Mr Pollitt asked us to correct some very minor 'cleaning oversights' we reluctantly agreed after he assured us that he would be fair and said that this would cost £96. The inventory that were completed between when we entered the property and left it bared no resembles. The check out inventory included close up photographs of the underside of taps and plug sockets. Regardless, we were keen to move on and reluctantly gave in. He deducted a further £78 from our deposit to pay for the very inventory we contested. At no point did he mention this during our conversations.

Mr Pollitt has provided us with both an expensive and substandard service. We have paid him a substantial amount of money over the three years and he was been inefficient, invasive, rude and has charged us a large amount of money for this pleasure.

What I also find concerning about Mr Pollitt is that he states that he is a letting agent although I have been told by those who work for him that he owns several of the properties and uses his accountants name on the tenancy agreements.

I would suggest in the strongest terms possible that you look elsewhere for a letting agent.

Residential & Corporate Lets