Oct 22,2013
By: 'Thekeeper'
Oct 22,2013
Me and my partner were looking for a property to rent in the Lichfield area. We found a property on Right Move that looked very promising, but our experience from Jaymans Letting agents was terrible.

Firstly after arranging and confirming a time to view the property 3 days in advance Jayman\'s moved our viewing time and informed us the night before. They also told us that there would be 2 other couples viewing the property at the same time as we were.

When we arrived at the property the agent was very late. We were eventually invited in by the current tenant who had seen us standing outside and taken pity on us. We all looked around the property at the same time. I have to say the property was very nice.

The agent was not able to answer very many of our questions as he was not familiar with the property. We decided to go for it so headed straight for the estate agents to ensure that we were the first ones there. On arrival we were told that the estate agents did not operate a first come first served policy and there was no way that we could pay a deposit to secure the property. What they said was that we all have to send off applications to the landlord who would then choose which application they liked the best.

We were also given a long list of charges that we would have to pay. £350 admin fee for the 2 of us (over £100 more if we had needed a guarantor), + £60 check in fee. We were also told that if we did take the place and signed a contract we would have to pay £108 every time we wanted to renew the contract.

The customer service we received was unfriendly and the staff didn\'t seem interested. We then had to chase Jayman\'s up over the next couple of days to see if they had been in contact with the landlord.

I have rented a number of properties in my life and dealt with a lot of different estate agents. I have never been so put of renting a proper as I have by Jayman\'s Letting.

Jayman Estate Agents