Oct 21,2010
Oct 21,2010
I have used Ludlow on several occasions and although they may appear competent they are infact very unproffessional. I am currently awaiting rent on a property they informed me would be rented by letting service that rents to the Ministry of Defence (ex soldiers etc) and that agency wants to rent my property for 3years . As my agent I had assumed that all the relevant references were done and that Ludlow Thompson could provide proof that the company did infact have some evidence that they had a contract with the MOD. I have asked Ludlow on numerous occasions for some details of the contract between the MOD and this agency. However they still dont seem to be able to show me any eveidence. They say this is due to confidentiality ? How did they found out this agency had anything to do with the MOD. Surely some documentation must have been produced??

For piece of mind I also added the rent collection service and low and behold the first month rent was paid but the second months rent has not been recieved by Ludlow (go figure!). I had to ring Ludlow to ask them what they were doing about it.

Why should I have to chase the agent to chase the tenant? When were they going to inform me? What have I paid a rent collection fee for if they have not collected the rent when it is now 20days overdue?

All the agents out there are bloody awful but unfortunatley due to market forces you have to deal with the best of a bloody awful bunch!!

Dont use Ludlow whatever you do !!
By: ludlowthompson.com customer services
Oct 28, 2010
Dear MR Bailey
As an agent, there are elements of referencing that remain confidential and there are parts of referencing that are covered by not only the Data Protection Act, but statute. Ludlowthompson is extremely thorough when carrying out referencing, sourcing only the best quality tenants for our landlords and the checks include, employment references, credit checks, previous landlord checks, proof of ID, proof of address, bank statements and pay slips for individuals. For companies we get information from companies house, we credit check the company to assess financial risk, we run checks on company directors (often being used as personal guarantors), plus photo ID, bank statements and trade references of other companies who have had dealings with the company, usually other landlords.

As part of our Rent Collection service, we do indeed chase the Rent, we have a dedicated team to this and we can take the rent from the tenants debit or credit card if it is over 7 days late. We also offer a door knock service, write letters to the tenants and all landlords on this service subscribe to a Legal and Rental Warranty that covers legal fees and rent payments to a maximum amount. Our arrears rates are some of the lowest in not only London but the country, with the Industry average being around 30%, ours are around 5-6%, which in this climate is highly commendable. The reason it is so low is due to all of the above and our very strict referencing and we are confident in the robustness of our processes.

The rent in this case was due on the 6th and for unforeseen circumstances the tenant was unable to pay until the 13th. As per our Rent Collection Terms of Business Ludlowthompson has up to 10 working days to transfer the rent once it has been received and this was done on a same day payment well within the 10 working days.

We are extremely sorry that you have not been satisfied with the service to date, but rest assured moving forward things will go smoothly. We are a very proud agency, and the office in question only received 1 complaint in 2009 from over 200 move ins, and is consistently winning awards for excellence in customer service. Please contact the local office on 0208 682 1234 in future if you have any further queries.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of ludlowthompson Wandsworth - Tooting! To leave a new review of ludlowthompson Wandsworth - Tooting, please click the link below !
Write a review for ludlowthompson Wandsworth - Tooting