Oct 20,2013
By: 'Christopher'
Oct 20,2013
Terrible experience with JDW in Battersea. After the tenant moved in, I did not receive rent for the first 3 months as they took their fee up front. This was the first that I knew about this and however much I raised this issue, I hit a brick wall. There were a couple of issues with my property (dishwasher leak, broken window) and they were very slow to deal with this, resulting in a very irritable tenant. I was so frustrated and angry that I terminated the lease with my tenant at the first earliest possible opportunity to move to another local agent (the local firm with lots of positive reivews). All I can say, is that the end I reported JDW to the Property Ombudsman and I am waiting to hear the outcome of my case. I was glad to discover that there was an independent commission to deal with complaints about an Estate Agent. More details below if anyone is interested or having similar issues:

Be more honest with me in dealings on fees and manage property better
Attached Files