Oct 18,2013
By: 'angrytenant2'
Oct 18,2013
When first moving into the property we were given no information about bills, the meter readings, emergency number for the boiler, and no information about the tv if it works or not. We were told before moving in that the house was originally 2 double rooms but after a month we still have not been contacted about changing the single bed to a double, even though this was promised before moving in. There is also a loud noise in the single room which makes it impossible to sleep in and after taking a month to take any action we were told there is nothing they can do because it would be too expensive to replace. All the staff I have talked to have been very friendly and professional, however I am not pleased in the way that we have been dealt with and I get the impression that homes4u simply do not care if there is a loud noise and that they are going to do nothing about it. I will definitely not be using homes4u ever again.
By: Ann Durrell
Oct 24, 2013
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our service and I am sorry to hear you have not been happy. At homes4u we take customer service very seriously and have a customer care and complaints procedure in place which can be downloaded from our website http://www.homes4u.co.uk/about-us/

Regarding your comments on moving in, when you collected keys you should have been given a pack which included a move in guide. This move in guide will have given all the details about bills and refuse collections for example. We also have a dedicated page for our managed tenants on our website where copies of such information can be downloaded. http://www.homes4u.co.uk/homes4u-tenant-section/

I have spoken with our maintenance department and understand the noise you are hearing is from the pump room to the apartments. When other tenants are using the shower, bath and washing machines it is creating the noise you hear. This has never been reported as an issue by previous tenants however I understand none have been shift workers. I believe that an agreement has now been made with the landlord that you can be released from your tenancy once a suitable replacement has been found.

If you would like to discuss the matter further please do get in touch, my email is ann@homes4u.co.uk.

Warm regards