Oct 16,2013
By: 'sandra craven'
Oct 16,2013
My husband and I rented a property through the Letting Company, Wakefield. I can say, they are liars, and conmen! My husband and I are also landlords, and rented the house for six months. Cash only for the first months rent, and bond. We paid three month\'s rent upfront,and on the day of handover I said I would only be paying two month\'s, to be informed.....you won\'t be able to move in. They did not inform the landlords that we had paid those monies upfront. We moved out of the house on the 02/09/2013, and I have been constantly contacting them for the rest of our bond! It is only the fact I am going to report them, that I have today received part of my payment!! They should by LAW!! Return your deposit within 10 days!! I would NOT recommend this company to anyone!!!!!
By: Disgruntled
Aug 24, 2016
Please contact me asap as I need help re this agent email extenant@hotmail.com. Would really appreciate your help.
Thanks in advance.
By: Sandra craven
Feb 11, 2014
I discussed the situation with the landlord. They knew nothing about the fact we had paid three months rent up front...nothing!! I did prove an income, via bank statements...I am not sure who the girl was we met on the day of change over...ugg,boots, Parker...very professional....anyway. It was cash only, as you can't trace cash can you?? We were very good friends with one of the landlords...and the only reason they stay with you, is because your the cheapest!! Says it all really....buy cheap pay twice!! And we didn't raise a dispute as it was forty pound or such like...we made the landlord aware we were not paying the last months rent...its always best to talk to the organ grinder, and not the most key!!
By: The Letting Co
Feb 11, 2014
As you are fully aware we asked for 3 months rent & the bond, due to you not being able to prove your income sufficiently. On the day you moved in you decided to try and only pay 2 months & the bond. As a company & in agreement with the owners, this was rightly refused. Again as you were made fully aware, we only accept cash or bankers draft as this is cleared funds. You reluctantly agreed to adhere to the original agreement. The landlords were fully aware of this.

With regards to holding your bond, this was because without reason you decided not to pay your last months rent. Despite numerous requests you refused. You also informed our company you had agreed with the owner you would leave earlier than your notice. When trying to confirm this with the owners they were totally unaware of this & in fact very frustrated by you as a tenant.

With regards to returning your bond within 10 days, this is correct, but only if there is no dispute, which there clearly was, I.E you weren't paying your rent. If you were so frustrated by only receiving part of your bond back and receiving it late, why didn't raise a dispute with My Deposits, the scheme that protected your bond? You had the contact details as we gave you a certificate confirming this the day you moved in.

If this is still unacceptable call our office and will be more than happy to discuss this matter further.

The Letting Company UK Ltd