Oct 15,2013
By: 'v.poor'
Oct 15,2013
I would not recommend or wish to acquire the services of this agent ever again. I was a tenant in one of their rentals for 2 and a half years and in that time ridiculous fees were charged for the renewals of the tenancy agreement year on year aswell as their fees and then the fees charged for having to pay for a professional checkout out of the property which is not an option to opt out of.
In addition to raising any concerns I had as a customer, I was told, by the manager of the company, Kevin, to, and I quote: "Drop the bone".
Upon vacating the property after having looked after it well, laying down new flooring and cleaning it to a standard which was stated to be to a better standard than it was upon inspected it previously by the independent inventory clerk, it was in their interests to retain as much of my deposit as possible, attempting to falsely charge me for oven cleaning costs and damage to a door architrave after not having checked their facts and paperwork correctly.
Upon raising my concerns with the disputed amount of the deposit they proposed to retain, the phone was \'hung up\' and when I called back instantly after the phone had been put down I was informed, hesitantly, that it was due to an urgency for the toilet.
The only reason this agency is still in business is because of the way they impose their extortionate fees upon their customers. If you can use another agent, I would highly recommend doing so.

Simmons & Sons