Sep 17,2013
By: 'Dorotea'
Sep 17,2013
I have no idea why this company is still allowed to lie, upset and mess around with so many people. I wish I had seen the reviews before we decided to use their services. Dexter Estate Agency is the most unethical and frustrating company I have ever seen.
They not only brake the law, but also lie to people in their faces. We have moved in this flat almost two years ago. Dexter started a process in selling the flat something like 6 months before the end of the contract. They have been coming to the flat, showing it to buyers illegally, without our permission. They have no right to come until two months prior the end of our agreement. They not only felt free to invade our accommodation, but also have damaged the wall and moved things around. Once they came to the flat (again without us knowing or agreeing) and locked the door in a way I couldn\'t open it. I had to wait for over two hours in the cold, waiting for someone from their office to come and open the door to the house I pay to live in.
Once we had enough of their visits we said that we want to leave as soon as possible because this was becoming a big issue for us. They agreed, but asked for no further documentation or information. Now (September) that we have 7 weeks to the end of our contract they have turned around saying that we have to give two months notice before we can leave the property. With great surprise we said that they knew that we wanted to leave since June, but Dexter Estate Agency refused to acknowledge that.
What happened is that they didn\'t manage to sell the flat and they don\'t want new tenants, in the hope that they will sell soon, so they are trying to make us stay here and squeeze out as much rent as possible from us.
We will not leave this unresolved and we will be seeking for legal assistance, but please be aware of Dexter\'s multifunctional and immorality and never use their services.
By: Asma
Nov 25, 2013
Hello, I am really sorry to hear that you have been unhappy with the service provided by Dexters. I am Head of Customer Services here at Dexters and I wondered if I could be of any further assistance. If you could e-mail me further details to customerservices@thamesview.co.uk, we can discuss the situation directly and try and resolve any outstanding issues for you. I look forward to hearing from you.
Asma