Peterborough, PE1
1/5, 2 reviews
0% recommended
100% lettings valuation accuracy
0% lettings fee satisfaction

“What can be said that has not been said already?......”

By: 'soon_to_be_x_landlord'
Oct 15,2010
What can be said that has not been said already?

I can't say it got off to a great start when they sent my "welcome pack" to the tenant, to this day they never have re-sent it although they admit they did send it incorrectly to the tenant.
When the existing tenant left they did not re market the property until asked why not, answer... they did not have a photo! I told them to use the old one, however they stated that the pic was taken in summer and it was now winter so it did not bear a true reflection of the property, god only knows why they could not take a new one. Eventually they marketed it, a tenant passed all criteria, I signed the heavily edited contract (edited by me to reflect my Ts & Cs), sadly I received no money for 1 and half months, after contacting them they informed me the tenant had cancelled the agreement, but they could not be bothered to tell me or re market it, if that was not bad enough they left the heating high and some lights on in the property resulting in a hefty bill for the 2 months it eventually sat empty for.

Currently trying to terminate my tenancy, more mythical charges being plucked out of the air, I have not mentioned these so far as there are far too many to go into, just beware, they also do not seem to be able to send a single rent receipt, I have received 2 for differing amounts every month (at least the added up amount is correct) and then there is there holding back of your money, still waiting for my Gas safety check money from March of this year to be refunded as they charged me twice, obviously 2 different amounts and 2 different months!!

Beware the Peterborough branch is trading under Baristow Eves, I presume this is to try and avoid being tarred by the Countrywide name.

Opening Hours
Address

Countrywide Residential Lettings
1 Queens Street
Peterborough
Cambridgeshire
PE1 1PA

Performance statistics
Services Valuation Accuracy Fees Satisfaction Min Price of property reviewed Max Price of property reviewed
Lettings 100% 0% £1,200 £1,200
  • Mortgage Advice
Members of
Latest Properties

No Properties

“Truly truly awful. After being ultra helpful ......”

May 06,2020
By: 'ExLandlord'
May 06,2020
Truly truly awful. After being ultra helpful to het your business the service declines to non existant. The first branch we dealt with closed in Huntingdon who promptly lost our keys. The file was forwarded to the Peterborough office who were equally inept, I only ...

“What can be said that has not been said already?......”

By: 'soon_to_be_x_landlord'
Oct 15,2010
What can be said that has not been said already? My first introduction to Countrywide was the result of my existing letting agency selling their property portfolio over to them on the understanding we retained our current terms and conditions. I can't say it got ...
No fees information available
Kindly note that legally, letting agents need to publish information about their tenancy fees, government-approved redress schemes and client money protection schemes on their website and on third party websites (on which agents are listed). For properties to lease/rent in England, agents need to keep this information up to date and precise on allAgents or specify within the property description.

Complaints Procedure