Oct 15,2010
Oct 15,2010
What can be said that has not been said already?
My first introduction to Countrywide was the result of my existing letting agency selling their property portfolio over to them on the understanding we retained our current terms and conditions.

I can't say it got off to a great start when they sent my "welcome pack" to the tenant, to this day they never have re-sent it although they admit they did send it incorrectly to the tenant.
When the existing tenant left they did not re market the property until asked why not, answer... they did not have a photo! I told them to use the old one, however they stated that the pic was taken in summer and it was now winter so it did not bear a true reflection of the property, god only knows why they could not take a new one. Eventually they marketed it, a tenant passed all criteria, I signed the heavily edited contract (edited by me to reflect my Ts & Cs), sadly I received no money for 1 and half months, after contacting them they informed me the tenant had cancelled the agreement, but they could not be bothered to tell me or re market it, if that was not bad enough they left the heating high and some lights on in the property resulting in a hefty bill for the 2 months it eventually sat empty for.

Currently trying to terminate my tenancy, more mythical charges being plucked out of the air, I have not mentioned these so far as there are far too many to go into, just beware, they also do not seem to be able to send a single rent receipt, I have received 2 for differing amounts every month (at least the added up amount is correct) and then there is there holding back of your money, still waiting for my Gas safety check money from March of this year to be refunded as they charged me twice, obviously 2 different amounts and 2 different months!!

Beware the Peterborough branch is trading under Baristow Eves, I presume this is to try and avoid being tarred by the Countrywide name.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 73! To leave a new review of Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 73, please click the link below !
Write a review for Countrywide Residential Lettings Office 73