Oct 14,2013
By: 'Leo'
Oct 14,2013
This real agent deserves to be at the bottom of the league.

I lived in one property managed by them for 2.5 years. After 1 year living there they told me they wanted to increase rent. If I didnt agree they will throw me out! (really, they threatened in their email). At the renewal of contract they charged me lots of unnecessary admin fees. ( I found out later that it was unlawful for them to charge such fees). Lots of admin fees when I first signed the contract, at the renewal and at termination of the tenancy. Was that lawful?

When I moved out of the property, they charged me Check out fees, Deposit Protection Admin fees (its free!) and cleaning fees of £160! a total of £300 from my deposit. (they stated all these admin fess in their contract, so be careful when you sign them). Furthermore they did not return my deposit until many emails and calls from me. I reported this agent to the relevant authority and got half of the money back eventually.

If you can, avoid this real estate agent ..!!
They should be prosecuted by the authority.
Attached Files
By: Leo
I just want to add:-
how do you justify charging check-out fees of £78, Deposit protection fees of £60 and cleaning fees of £160? Hammonds could not produce invoice for cleaning and the inventory checking list when i asked for them. I admit the flat needed a bit of cleaning (there was nothing broken / damaged in the flat). and wanted to get professional cleaners then but Hammonds assured me that they could ask someone to do the cleaning after I moved out, for a small fees, they said.

The next thing I knew was £160 was deducted from my deposit, for cleaning.
By: Leo
Oct 15, 2013
Hi thanks for your prompt reply.

I will go search the email but I believe that person is no longer working in your office.

As with Deposit protection fees, huge fees associated..?? I rented a flat through another a
gency after Hammonds and they laughed at me when I told them about the admin fees. They told me it was provided free of charge. I was not charged any admin fees or whatsoever with the second agency. I also got my full deposit back when I moved out of the flat. No renewal fees, no admin fees, no deposit protection fees required!
Grudges? not at all. I still keep all the documents related to Hammonds and the decision by the Authority for the agency to refund half of the money they robbed me. My complaint letters with all the facts to hammonds but no reply received.
By: Alice
Thanks for the review.
You mentioned that we increased the rent and threatened you that if you do not agree with it then we will throw you out that too via email could you possibly post the print screen of the email which was sent to you from our side so that we can take necessary action against this sort of behaviour!

And regarding the renewal fee which was charged to you, was not unknown to you as it was present in the second page of the contract and we give our tenants enough time to go through it to avoid any miscommunication or a feeling of been cheated! I believe you did not go through the contract not even till the second page
!! In the second page itself , the check out fee and deposit protection fee everything is clearly mentioned ( Deposit protection is never free, because it is protected as insured so, there is a huge fee associated! )

Well review page is a great place to take out grudge on others, people can write things which are not even true!

Thanks.