Sep 13,2013
By: 'traumatised'
Sep 13,2013
I have had experience with various estate agencies in the country and this has got to be the worst! Took over 1000 pounds as deposit after credit check - and published the property as furnished but in actual fact - more part furnished - with an empty kitchen but a fridge. Agreed with previous reviewer about the lack of peace for the 2 years with them - constant phone calls and house check, most of time I let them in with their own set of keys as I obviously needed to be at work. I understand the need for check - but constant checking for various things at least once every 2 months is ridiculous. Then complaint about the state of the flat after checking - mould on bathroom ceiling which is almost inevitable with most households and food crumbs in the kitchen?! And windows with some dust?! I don\'t need someone to check on me every now and then and I cleaned th whole flat prior to moving out - including moulds and dust and all the mess - and they then had an extensive inventory company checking the flat with 30++ pictures taken of the property ( mind you it\'s a studio) - showing all little corners with anything not brand new. e.g. toilet bowl with some stain, 2 little spots on the wall - and then sent me an email 1 month later saying they need to charge 130 pounds for cleaning. I just agreed to at least get the rest of my deposit back and to have nothing else to deal with this company. My honest advice - avoid if you can.
By: berni
Jan 07, 2014
Thank you for your comments Goodfellows, we are sorry to hear that you have received such a poor service.
Here at Goodfellows we like to address all complaints made against the company so that we can look to improve our internal procedures.
Please can you kindly send me an email with the address of the property you rented as I would like to look into your comments made with regards to the inspections as it is our policy to carry out 6 or 12 months inspections unless the landlords have concerns. I would also like to look at the deposit return procedure.
I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards Bernadette Keating berni.keating@goodfellows.co.uk

Goodfellows