Oct 05,2010
Oct 05,2010
Very good at selling themselves but very poor customer service once the contract was signed. I am just pleased we negotiated them down to 0.9% commission rather than their standard 1.5%.

The property sold within a week, due to the house rather than Williams Harlow. We had four viewings and not once did they offer to show people round, it was left to my wife who was caring for our 10 month old baby.

Once sold, very little contact from them. We had to constantly chase for updates. The only time they were proactive is when we agreed a completion date and they sent through their final bill asking for a prompt payment.

Be warned, their sales leaflets say they send details out to everyone on their books interested in similar properties. They do do this but then don't contact people. They wait for potential buyers to come to them. I was informed by one of Williams Harlow staff this was standard practice because it would take too much time to phone people and ask if they were interested in the property.

Having complained about the service to one of the partners a few weeks into the sale, very little happened. Upon completion I complained once again about the lack of service and received a confrontational letter ignoring the points I had raised and telling me in their opinion it was an excellent sale because it sold quickly.

it would appear my idea of customer service is different to theirs. They rate theirs on completion times quickness of sale, I look at the service they provided from start to finish.

I can honestly say I would not use Williams Harloe again and have already warned friends and family not to use them.

Williams Harlow