Sep 28,2010
Sep 28,2010
I was a tenant with Belvoir for 6 months and moved out at the end of May. For the last 2 months of the tenancy we had no heating, this was reported numerous times and took about a month for someone to even come out and take a look. Upon vacating the flat was left immaculate and the tenancy agreement stated all monies owed (
By: Belvoir Kettering
Mar 25, 2017
Good Morning, your comments are all very concerning and I am sorry for your bad experience with Belvoir. Since your comments were added Belvoir is no longer owned by or associated with Mr Garcha. All our staff are experienced and well informed to help our tenants with any queries they have and to help settle any deposit disputes.
By: Sleepy
Apr 07, 2012
Also having issues with belvoir kettering. £60 taken from deposit for a checkout fee then no communication for 23 days to tell me that i'm only getting £40 out of £550 back because the oven wasn't to an letting agents standards. No pictures or invoice or prices of the clean. just deducted. Has anyone resolved their dispute with belvoir?
By: Willow
Sep 20, 2011
I was in a property up until 7 months ago with Belvoir Kettering. They have tried to charge me almost £3000 which is in an on going dispute. They did no repairs despite everything being reported on an almost daily basis. It wasn't until I refused to get off the phone and called them constantly over and over again in the same day I had no electricity at all downstairs and there was water running down the walls that they finally called someone out but even then it took two weeks for them to organise the repairs. Now they are trying to charge me for it!!! It may have something to do with the fact that I proved they were breaking the law by insisting that I gave two months notice to leave. I cause them some trouble and they had no choice but to let me out at the time that I wanted. It really is a terrible organisation! The staff are untrained or are trained incorrectly, they are all rude, lie to you, bully you. I regret the day that I ever met them and would advise anyone else to stay well away.
By: Minky
Apr 07, 2011
We are having the same problem with Belvoir Kettering. They did not put our deposit in the scheme and then lied about why not. Our new agent has had 5 complaints form new tenants in 2 weeks about them!
By: selina
Nov 24, 2010
I am currently having the same problems with Belviour Kettering regarding my deposit. They want to withhold a huge portion of my deposit for no apparent reason, no documents or invoices for work they claimed needed doing when we moved out. The property was spotless, carpets professionally cleaned. They have breached the therms of the contract in so many respects I don't even know where to start. I am still trying to get my deposit back and I am available to join anyone who wants to take this issue further regarding the appalling and poor workmanship of this agency.
Oct 25, 2010
I forgot to add on my previous post there is also a person called the tenancy relations officer that handles disputes between tenants and landlords for your area the telephone number is 01604 838700 i haven't phoned them yet but i am about too. Again if thee are two of us in the same area having problems with the sema letting agent it may carry a bit more weight
Oct 25, 2010
Go to shelter website or phone them. I have so much trouble with Harpreet garcha the owner of kettering and am in dispute about return of my deposit myself. if the landlord did not register your deposit then they can be taken to court and will have to pay you three times the amount. i dont know how to do this as my deposit was protected but shelter are really helpful.

i would also phone the head office in Grantham and ask to speak to a lady called Eleanor, while they say they cannot do anything as it is a franchise. when i told them i would be taking this to the newspaper she actually has contacted Harpreet and he is sort of responding. If they get enough complaints about him and the fact that he is dragging down the name of Belvoir then they will pull him up and get him to clean up his act. good luck
By: princess
Oct 18, 2010
Its whoever actually receives the depsoit who needs to register.
By: Robin
Oct 10, 2010
They can't. Google this subject and you will see that you are entitled to compensation equalling 3 X the deposit amount. Getting it through Court is easy (you will see that when you read similar case studies of incompetent agencies that fail to register deposits).
By: Blackberry
Oct 08, 2010
Thanks for the replys, i've emailed Belvoir today asking for the name of the deposit scheme the landlord used and the reference number only to be told that they don't have the registration number? I'm guessing it was never registered in the first place and I don't see how Belvoir can get round not ensuring a deposit is secured?
By: Bernie
Oct 04, 2010
if Belvoir took your deposit then they are legally responsible for logging it with an approved deposit scheme, within 14 days of the commencement of your tenancy. If they have failed to do so then you are entitled to 3 times the original deposit as compensation. See a solicitor!
By: craigoss
Sep 30, 2010
In my opinion the agents are telling lies. For at least two years tenants deposits have legally been required to be held in a ' tenancy deposit scheme'. This was set up by the goverment to hold tenants deposits separately to prevent landlords from withholding them unfairly. The letting agents administer it, so therefore have the money. Look up 'tenancy deposit scheme' and then confront them with this.

Belvoir