Avoid them like the plague! I've had a catalogue of problems with them (and I only rented with them for 6 months). Issues include:
- Flat not ready on move in date. Filthy and full of building materials. I turned up with my furniture but couldnt sleep there. My 7 month old son and I had to go back to our old apartment and sleep on the floor for 2 nights while they arrange cleaning.
- You can never get them on the phone. No one is ever available to take your call.
- Most of the staff are rude and have an unhealthy sense of self-importance.
- I tried to arrange repairs for 6 months! But, I moved out and the repairs were never done!
- They harassed me with letters every 2 weeks 3 months before the end of my tenancy to enquire whether I would be renewing.
- At the end of tenancy they tried to charge me for missing lightbulbs when the bulbs were missing when I moved in (and it was clearly stated on my inventory check-in that there were bulbs missing).
- Finally I left the flat in impeccable condition but they claimed there was a "stain" on the carpet. They took it upon themselves to have the whole carpet cleaned and deducted it from my deposit. They didn't even give me a chance to clean the "stain" myself, nor did they consult me about any quotes or invoices. I never gave any consent.
Rest assured I am disputing this situation through Deposit Protection Service.
Stay away from Saxton Mee there are too may estate agents in Sheffield to bother with them! You dont need the headache!