Sep 26,2010
Sep 26,2010
Well I am going to be closing the door on Tame Estates and the shithole they were renting me tonight.

I urge anyone that's even cosidering renting from them to reconsider and avoid at all cost!!!

I'm not leaving off my own back I'm being evicted for no reason what so ever, they claim I'm in arrears but I'm not. I don't owe a penny and have reciepts to proove this but I never attended court as I did not know there was a hearing because the hand delivered letter with the date of hearing never got delivered so they were granted there warrent.

I've not left any damage or mess in the property however I'm sure they will claim I have.

I dread to think what my gaurenteurs bill will be and I'm taking as much leagal action as possible.

Do not go near Tame Estates.
By: Dave
May 10, 2011
Hi, My name is Dave and I work for Shelter. It is my job to advise and to advocate for tenants in the private rented sector in Tameside. If you want some advice can you either please call me on 0344 515 1660 or email me at Davidwe@shelter.org.uk.

I am also interested in setting up a private rented tenants rights group in Tameside. If you think that you might want to be involved in such a group I would love to hear from you.
By: spike
May 06, 2011
Hi I've only been with TE Lettings since January 2011 and I've also received rent arrear letters even though I don't owe any, apparently there's nothing I can do as they haven't broken the law, but now my gaurantor is also receiving them. I need help as I have 2 children and I don't know what to do, I've explained this to my guarantor and now there is ill feeling between us and he don't believe me. Please help.
Patricia Prescott from Ashton under Lyne.
By: citybird
Jan 29, 2011
I'm currently renting from Tame estates, new name TE, and just received a letter this morning stating that I am
By: Very Annoyed With Tame Estates
Jan 06, 2011
They are now using another name TE Lettings!! They are a joke x x
By: Michael
Oct 29, 2010
My wife and myself were renting from Tame Estates for about 5 years. We were never in arrears with the rent and we hardly ever complained, apart from one time where we were invaded by ants. We were on the New Charter list from 2004 and never heard a thing from them once. We decided to move to Scotland and we officially left on June 19th. We have waited all that time to receive back our deposit - We even went in while I visited my Mother-in-law to the Tame Estate office and we were assured by them that we would get it in 2 weeks. That was 3 weeks ago. There was certainly no mess or repairing needed done as there was someone moved into our old property in less than 8 days and I took photographs to prove as such.
I just wondered has anyone any advice as to how proceed now? I am even going to travel back to Ashton and wait in their office until I get the money if nothing comes of my phonecall to them tomorrow.
By: rentedtoolong
Oct 05, 2010
A have read the reviews here and must agree tame staff are terrible they are rude and don't care about you. I always ask for the manager and they tell me he is not in or holiday or off work or a meeting they don't care its all rubbish, he is always in he drives the silver mercedes its on the car park and even round the back 2 weeks ago. Stay away from shame estates, once they get you to sign it's too late.
By: lea
Oct 04, 2010
Hi rach I was on the list with new charter for a while I just kept on at them ringing and writing letters,if you go to housing options they may be able to get in touch with them and hurry things along. When you ring them ring relets 01613312345 ask to speak to one of the relet officers that's what I did and was offered a house in just over a week...hope everything works out for you xx
By: Rach1982
Oct 04, 2010
Lea how did u manage to get a house so quick with new charter? Im still waiting for them to send me my membership number so I can start bidding! Im in the same situation as u n they have told me they cant speed things on just because Im homeless but they will put me in a hostel full of smack heads n alchies in rush holme, No thank u!!
By: lea
Oct 04, 2010
Thanks mez but I've already got a new house I was on the list for new charter way before they evicted me so they just help to speed things up if I'm honest, thanks anyway.
By: Mez
Sep 29, 2010
Hi Lea
I am sure you had a witness to confirm you left the property in a good state, and I would suggest you contact Rent Wise, as they maybe able to help you find another property if you have been evicted.
They help people like yourself find properties and even help with the deposit. I know they are based in Manchester and have something to do with the council but they maybe help you even if you want to stay in Tameside.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of te Lettings Office 1! To leave a new review of te Lettings Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for te Lettings Office 1