Sep 26,2010
Sep 26,2010
1. I have rented out my flat with GPees for 2 years now. The first tennant passed all of their credit checks, but was the tennant from hell and fled with numerous baliffs now calling and a history of CCJs. How did he pass GPees credit check?? GPees said it was not their problem and their c/agency did all the correct checks.

2. GPees are very quick to request payments, but their lettings dept takes 4 months and persistent chasing to correct administrative errors of over-charging.

Another example of incompetent and lazy lettings agents who are happy to take 'easy' money and do nothing in return for very generous management fees.

I will not be using GPees Kingston again, and strongly advise others to use an alternative (eg Leaders) agent in Kingston instead.
By: Martin
May 25, 2011
[[EDIT ORIGINAL START]]
I also rented my property through Barry at Kingston, he was a nice guy at the start, but at the end of the tenancy wanted nothing to do with me and consistently hung up the phone to me. Their head office wasn't much better either.

Also had to deal with a Sian Croucher to get my deposit released, who implied that I had to pay a £50+VAT administration charge to release my deposit as per my tenancy agreement. I called foul and said that I don't agree to the charge and that she was in breech of the TA if she withheld that money. Within minutes I got a response saying she would return the full amount as a gesture of good will.

Seems to be a common theme with GP to try any con in the book
[[EDIT ORIGINAL END]]

I also rented my property through ***** at Kingston, he was a nice guy at the start, but at the end of the tenancy wanted nothing to do with me and consistently hung up the phone to me. Their head office wasn't much better either.

Also had to deal with a ***** to get my deposit released, who implied that I had to pay a £50+VAT administration charge to release my deposit as per my tenancy agreement. I called foul and said that I don't agree to the charge and that she was in breech of the TA if she withheld that money. Within minutes I got a response saying she would return the full amount as a gesture of good will.

Admin note: Agents' names have been removed

Gascoigne Pees