...left to get your reviews in for the 2018 Estate & Letting Agent Awards

Sep 04,2013
By: 'Onyourside'
Sep 04,2013
I had only inquired as to the availability of keys for a property I was interested in; I knew FPA didn\'t have them, I only wished to ask whether their availability could be quickened up by reflecting back to the seller that there is someone genuinely wishing to buy (cash purchase!) and in a hurry to do so.

However what I feel I received was something akin to vitriolic one-sided arrogance about telephone etiquette and unwarranted abuse relating to an initial misunderstanding that I was never given the chance to articulate; all this from the Managing Director! In short the MD said "I understand you think our receptionist\'s a liar?" and it all went downhill from there.

What I would have said, given a chance, was "no, I understand you do not have keys as yet but would it be possible to let the seller know that someone is genuinely interested in making a firm offer, but that offer can only be made on a visual inspection. Could you also make the seller aware that I would be keen to purchase a property as soon as possible". I genuinely thought this would be a reasonable request to reflect back to any seller; anyway I never got that far. I was not allowed to articulate this.

He interrupted. He never let me finish a sentence. I felt harassed and frustrated. I could understand a one-off incident but I had three separate engagements with him; all with the same result. I couldn\'t help but feel I was engaging with a wall of arrogance. If you walk out or put the phone down, it is you that is rude. I received this "lesson" from the mighty Jeremy today.

Future\'s representative\'s I find to be hard working professional people. What lets Future Property Auctions down, I feel, is the arrogance and aggressive attitude of Jeremy, the MD. Perhaps he thinks he\'s is so powerful in this game that he is untouchable. Who knows. What I know is that I cannot and will not purchase a property from Future Property Auctions. I like to be treated courteously and at least given a chance to quickly articulate and demonstrate what is, in effect, just a simple misunderstanding.

I also do not believe that I am the only one who treated in this manner. If you\'re a seller please consider a more open and engaging company. This company, in my view, only attract the wrong sort of people for the wrong sort of sales.
Listened and not interrupt someone who was only articulating a very small msunderstanding.
Attached Files