Aug 26,2010
Aug 26,2010
Having used Chiltern Hills' services as a student, I feel obliged to leave my thoughts. Having had severely limited experience with renting, and property in general, I didn't think to shop around or try other agents first. What a mistake that turned out to be, and an important lesson learned. Never again will I take things at face value, as although a smiling face and a friendly manner is comforting at first, you expect a similar level of service and care throughout your tenancy.

Unfortunately I did not receive any resemblance of care or responsibility. Many times routine maintenance items became huge issues because of slow service, and as a previous reviewer has mentioned, lies. 'Sorry sir, we forgot' or 'we'll get someone to you on friday (no one turns up on friday and only turns up the next week after much hassling and phone call after phone call, and even then with much reluctance and foot-dragging).

Having said that, there were (rarely) good things about this estate agent, and one employee of theirs was extremely helpful, punctual and reliable (a handyman/maintenance man of theirs). Often a phone call at 9am on a saturday was replied with a visit 3 hours or less later, even on a weekend.

In conclusion I have to say I would not recommend them to anyone, but having said that if a prospective customer senses a good deal and is viewing a clean, functioning house at a very fair price, then I would say proceed, but with EXTREME caution.

You can use this form to reply to the above review or a displayed comment on the above review. PLEASE NOTE! This is not the page to leave a new review of Chiltern Hills Estate Agents Office 1! To leave a new review of Chiltern Hills Estate Agents Office 1, please click the link below !
Write a review for Chiltern Hills Estate Agents Office 1