Jul 20,2013
By: 'MMiah'
Jul 20,2013

After thoroughly cleaning the flat and fixing any damages. I noticed the flat was close to spotless. Westmanor properties however didn\'t return all my Deposit they deducted over £50 including for areas where I don\'t live in such as the stair case and little black marks which are very unnoticeable. In general it felt like they were trying to scam the students with the deposit trying to reduce the amount of money paid back to student by adding unnecessary charges. I lived in Mansion court previously and they never scammed the students with the deposit. Why are Westmanor doing this????

On august 2012 I moved into Athena Apartments (on Grange lane) a flat for students owned by Westmanor properties. Within the first week there were water failures and this meant the flush didn\'t function, sink water didn\'t work and we had to buy water from Tesco, etc. How horrible these few days were only the student\'s who lived here knows. As the people who live in the flat arrived they were people who always played loud music and trashed the kitchen. I kindly asked Westmanor properties for help (as the place was severely dirty/damaged) but they took no action other than just simply sending an email. The email however didn\'t work (as expected) and the tenants continued to live in their partying manor (playing loud music and trashing the place). I suffered throughout the whole year and it affected my University grades and I felt like Westmanor properties did little about it (in helping me during the academic year). After thoroughly cleaning the flat and fixing any damages. I noticed the flat was close to spotless. Westmanor properties however didn\'t return all my Deposit they deducted over ‚£50 including for areas where I don\'t live in such as the stair case and little black marks which are very unnoticeable. In general it felt like they were trying to scam the students with the deposit trying to reduce the amount of money paid back to student by adding unnecessary charges. I lived in Mansion court previously and they never scammed the students with the deposit. Why are Westmanor doing this???? Westmanor properties were being beyond greedy and were trying to squeeze out much money as possible from us vulnerable students. Me personally I am finished with Westmanor properties and will never return. Overall rating: 1/5
Attached Files
By: Emma
Mar 28, 2018
Dear Mmiah, Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear that you have had some maintenance issues during your tenancy with us. We can assure you that we endevour to rectify any maintenance issues as soon as reasonably possible. With regards to deposit charges, we are a registered with the TDS which means that if you do not agree with any charges, you can contact the TDS and they will provide an unbiased decision. We have a duty to ensure that our properties are up to a satisfactory standard for a new tenant vacating the property and sometimes this means that our tenants are charged if works are necessary. Kind regards Westmanor Student Living

Westmanor Student Living